looking for low comission broker

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by amm, Aug 24, 2006.

1. ain't worth it imo; never got price improvement once and i trade low priced stuff very often...and if u try to buy the bid/sell ask u wont get filled most times' infact when u do u always wrong. use lmt and u better off with a flat rate broker.

#11     Aug 26, 2006
  2. amm

amm

I always trade low prices stocks , so I should use choice or lowtrades?
    ande if I trade high price stock, I should use IB?

#12     Aug 26, 2006
  3. amm

amm

Do you know other $5 comission brokers?

#13     Aug 26, 2006
  4. birdman

birdman

http://izone.com (a division of ameritrade) offers $5 trades - unlimited shares

And you won't find mention of it on their website, but I'm told that they also have a provision that will allow you to trade those same trades for $3 if you pay an annual $80 fee.

I'm not certain about the amount of the fee nor if this offer is still valid but a quick email to izone support is suppose to do the trick ... as I'm told.

If you try it let us know.

Good luck :)

#14     Aug 26, 2006
  5. amm

amm

Oh, do you think, am I american citizon? although my very poor english?
    I believe I cannot open izone account, as I am foreigner living outside america.

#15     Aug 26, 2006
  6. birdman

birdman

i forgot about the US residence requirement

i guess izone is out of the question

if you were to trade only limit orders (or mostly limit orders) and thus add liguidity instead of remove liguidity ... the IB's unbundled rates just might calculate in your advantage

i doubt they would, but you might go to the trouble to figure it up ...

no scratch that too, you have to be in the US to get unbundled rates i think

if i think of a better alternative i'll let you know but most likely you are as good as you will get at $5

good luck:)

#16     Aug 27, 2006
  7. birdman, how about if one remove liquidity (use marketable orders) but trade high volume?

Which one is more beneficial?
    At least how high should one achieve?

Thank you.

#17     Aug 27, 2006
  8. CashPoor

CashPoor

fee is $50.00 per year for $3.00 trades. I am not sure if that is only for certain cities as I have to use Izone/ Seattle to log in.

#18     Aug 27, 2006
  9. birdman

birdman

this page http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/accounts/fees/stocksPricing2.php?ib_entity=llc
    shows IBs bundled vs unbundled price comparisons

this page http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/accounts/fees/commission.php?ib_entity=llc
    if you scroll way down shows the unbundled rates and other fees

and the unbundled commission rate depends upon your monthly cumulative trade volume, with rates as low as 1/10 of a penny,

but don't forget the other fees involved

there are many folks on this forum more knowledgeable about these questions than me, but if you were choosing to pay unbundled rates and using mostly market orders, you would generally pay far more than if you choose bundled rates

hope it helps:)

Thanks to CashPoor for updating us on the $3 trades @ $50 fee per year:)

#19     Aug 27, 2006