Looking for good remote prop trading firm

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by nysestocks, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Dobbes

Dobbes

Thought I'd use this thread to say I'm looking at remote props as well. I've been swing trading on sim for a little over a year at about 5k shares/month. I'd like to increase my share volume. Typically my trades are about 3-5 days, and I'd like to keep with that approach, as I don't think I'm a great daytrader.

If people would like to send me some details about the deals they have, that'd be awesome. I'm looking to start small, and it'd be nice to know what deals similar people are getting.

Or better yet if firm reps like Don Bright would like to contact me and discuss the details and terms of trading with their firms, that'd be helpful too.

#51     Feb 26, 2009
  2. nysestocks

nysestocks Guest

If something is possible then that means it can be done!

If something can be done then all you need to do is find out how to do it!

If you can't find out how to do it then you need to change the way you think!

If you can't change the way you think then it will never be possible for YOU!

#52     Feb 27, 2009
  3. nysestocks

nysestocks Guest

If you are to learn how to take more money from other traders, than you will lose to other traders, then you must know what you must do before you go and do it!

Do not expect the "standard" training that is delivered as part of a prop trading service to be of much use in realizing your goals.

Most overtrade and risk way too much per trade.

If you can't make money each day trading 100 share lots, then you are in for one big surprise when you start to look at 5000 shares per trade.

Become an expert at 100 shares per trade and you then have the opportunity to take a lot of money from other traders - any prop firm will give you access to big capital if you can show that you can win a lot more than you can lose.

It is a business after all, and like all good business ventures, both parties have a better chance of making good money when they are both on the same wavelength!

#53     Feb 27, 2009

4. Completely agree!! Kudos!!

#54     Feb 27, 2009
  5. nysestocks

nysestocks Guest

#55     Feb 27, 2009
  6. Dobbes

Dobbes

Not really sure how to use that advice. In its current form, I have to put it next to 'Buy low, sell high.'

I don't expect that, but hey, wouldn't it be nice?

You must've missed the 3-5 day hold part. I didn't state it, but my typical risk is ~2%.

I'm slightly profitable. Been consistently above breakeven for about 8 months. I'd like to take things to the next level and potentially have enough buying power to make a living. Improving my profitability would also be nice.

Ha -from the looks of it, the best way to get access to big capital is to already have earned it, having a consistent, small-fry track record would be close second though.

Whatever that means.

I dunno man. I didn't find a whole lot of that post useful. Considering I asked for information on contracts people had with props, what I got was a bunch of assumptions about the way I trade and a couple platitudes out there. Maybe you'd like to try giving me advice a second chance?

#56     Feb 27, 2009
  7. quantinator

quantinator Guest

I trade in a group that has pretty good deals for in office guys and remote. They do not require a 7 however you have to register on the CBOE, just fill out a registration card and fingerprints. They have a rate structure based on the payout you want. I think they start around .004 for 100% PO and goes down from there. Leverage is nego. but they start with like 20X. They have some really good traders. They have a chat where everyone shares ideas and a technical guy that alerts to good trading candidates. I am not sure if they would take low volume guys but I could ask. PM me if you need contact info.

#57     Feb 27, 2009
  8. Dobbes

Dobbes

PM sent. Thanks.

#58     Feb 28, 2009
  9. rros

rros

quantinator, may I also have this information? Just pm you too.

#59     Feb 28, 2009
  10. nysestocks

nysestocks Guest

#60     Mar 1, 2009