Looking for good remote prop trading firm

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by nysestocks, Dec 23, 2008.

1. NYSE + pair trade only + breakouts and a little bit of scalping now and then

I'm still low volume per day but i'm expecting to increase it greatly once I'm more consistant

I'm in negotiations with a few firms so hopefully I'll have it all sorted out by this friday

#11     Dec 24, 2008
  2. nysestocks

nysestocks Guest

Thx for reply - PM sent.

#12     Dec 24, 2008

3. Do you offer futures and if so whats the minimum volume per day?

#13     Dec 24, 2008
  4. nysestocks

nysestocks Guest

Low volume is a must until returns are consistent - do not let anyone change your mind and it is better to pay a bigger % of profits to prop firm that will accomodate you than to try and meet targets set by others - pressure can result in lack of focus, and lack of focus in daytrading can be very costly.

I have done Nasdaq sector daytrading - needs a good few screens to spot potential opps, but can be very fast trades.

I have found NYSE stocks much easier - with smaller DR's they are not as volatile and are perfect for small lot trading with wider stops less lilkely to be hit than Nasdaq trades.

This might help you understand the relationship between volume, risk and returns for a realistic trading plan - 100 round trip trades with a $10K prop firm capital outlay, should work out something like this, before prop firms cut:

NYSE Trades = 100
    Max Stop = 0.40
    LW Ratio = 60 / 40
    R/R Ratio = 2.25
    Commisions = $200 (preferred!)
    Drawdown = $4,800
    Gross Profit = $7,200
    Net Profit = $2,200
    Return = 22%

Once this 22% return is consistent for 5 x 100 rt's, the plan can then be modified by varying one element at a time - if you vary too many elements the 22% might slip back - and this is poor trading, as the average returns of the plan must never drop back, they should only ever increase - else a trader is just wasting his/her time.

Sidenote - the majority of traders look at the same signals, and as the majority of traders lose, it may be wise to not make "common" trade signals a major part of the trading plan.

If the majority of traders made money - then yes, by all means follow the crowd - but it can be a big mistake to rely too much on breakout trades, as if you get some big confidence and increase size from 200 to 1000, and apply this to all trades incl. breakouts, the % return might drop back rapidly - but that is the whole idea of having the trading data to analyize - the data tells you what you are doing right, and doing wrong, and if a trader continues to do wrong, well, they won't stay trading for too long!

#14     Dec 24, 2008
  5. Calling out for a futures Prop deal. I have 14 years experience as an electronic futures trader, 12 of those years exteremly profitable. I've been self backed since 2000, and am only looking because my X-wife is driving my X5. So c'mon Santa, help a brutha out!

#15     Dec 24, 2008
  6. I'm looking for a firm that will absorb all of my losses and pay me 100% of my profits at the end of each trading day. Please PM me with serious offers only.

#16     Dec 24, 2008
  7. Check TradeVision. I did remote trading through them and the commissions were great.

If it helps you could mention my name. They might help you out. Was with them for about two years, however I wasn't very profitable.

Still a great firm though IMO :).

If you would need more info PM me.

-Dan

I usually don't do this, but I sucked at trading and didn't do the volume requirements and they still treated me great. It's probably the only firm I'd ever do daytrading through again. (with the exception of going to a prop)

#17     Dec 25, 2008
  8. hun83

hun83

2 I said 2 , young grils expert in exotic massage,and all the above....yeah that's what I want....contact me if you have it.

#18     Dec 25, 2008
  9. nysestocks

nysestocks Guest

Just a short word of thanks to the traders who have sent me e-mails regarding prop firms they are with.

I am currently in contact with 2 and hopefully will make a selection over the next few weeks, once I check out the companies and test the order entry software.

Thanks again,

nysestocks

#19     Dec 29, 2008
  10. good luck. hope u get the best one. please also post back the deal you got so i can compare

#20     Dec 29, 2008