looking for good options broker

Discussion in 'Options' started by cashmoney69, Aug 5, 2009.

1. I like that OH has 2.95 stock trades at a flat rate. Thats great!! compared to what i pay now at Scott.

I'm filling out an account now.

#31     Aug 7, 2009

2. great quote but u forgot one bracket.

Less than 1K.. your best broker is your local lotto/powerball megamillions ticket center.. lol

jokes apart.. IB is the best...but I do keep a seperate OptionsHouse account. when there is a need to buy a large number of options.

do the math. if u buy more than 15 contracts IB = 15 X .7 10.5$

OH flat 10 bucks. any number of contracts.

IB , if you modify your order you are charged a fee anywhere from 10 cents to 1.40

by the way, IB .if you dont do 30$ worth of trades you will be charged a monthly fee.. , if you subscribe to live data.( you can escape that by not subscribing to live data. but then you have to bear the irritating warning messages when u place each order)

i think it is 10 or 20$.

#32     Aug 8, 2009
  3. i know this is not a good idea for new traders, or ones that are straped for cash, but if i was a big trader (250k+) and I made say 22k in one week. Id take 3k of that and just go balls to the wall and buy all the calls or puts i could on a trade just for the hell of it.

Like I said its a gambler mentality, but it'd be fun to do from time to time.

#33     Aug 8, 2009
  4. spindr0

spindr0

Can you provide an idea of how much you saved by going with unbundled pricing? I spoke with IB and they couldn't give me a ball park number because of the add/remove liquidity factor.

#34     Aug 8, 2009
  5. spindr0

spindr0

When you have a week like that I bet that you'll focus more on trying to have another week like that rather than trading just for the hell of it IOW, you'll try to extend the run based on what got you that far.

:)

#35     Aug 8, 2009
  6. mike007

mike007

I have been using TOS for years and nothing have changed since the merger. They still offer fast customer service and all the great tools for option traders. They even still allow the changes in the commission schedule right now. Nothing has changed that I can see, they are still great.

#36     Aug 9, 2009
  7. Hello ,
    If looking for a good broker let me know and I will give u my email to discuss further

#37     Aug 10, 2009
  8. What makes you good? Years on he floor?

That's a joke.

So, what makes you good? Please le us know and maybe you'll get some business.

Mark

#38     Aug 10, 2009