looking for good options broker

Discussion in 'Options' started by cashmoney69, Aug 5, 2009.

1. I guess it depends on the volume you trade... Personally I trade on average around 3000 contracts per month so a flat rate broker would be the best choice... And I don't care if there were any hidden fees. Hell if its still hidden then it can't be that high lol.

I have done some research on the subject myself, although I do not pretend that I found everything there is to know, I would say if you trade small volumes go with IB over Tradeking (Size and brand recognition do matter somewhat in my opinion) and OH if you trade large volumes.

Personally I am Canadian so no OH for me unfortunately so I am stuck paying the equivalent of 2 freakin mortgages every month to IB but I guess thats the price to pay to live in some government controlled - I know whats good for you better than you do - kind of state aka competition would be BAD...

Sorry about the ranting but it had to come out lol! I get sensitive when I talk about my money ;)

#11     Aug 6, 2009
  2. This is a new information for me. Thanks for pasting the link, I'll check them.

So guess a hybrid setup will work great.

IB => small lot of stocks & options
    OH => big lot of stocks & options

Cheers,
    - SU

#12     Aug 6, 2009
  3. def

def Sponsor

#13     Aug 6, 2009
  4. www.optionsxpress.com they are simply the best...options is and ahs been their focus...

#14     Aug 6, 2009
  5. SForce

SForce

Then either he lied (which I doubt, because people would have pointed it out by now) or he meant something else by it.. I'm too lazy to listen to what he said and try to figure out what he meant by it though.. maybe someone more informed than I can clarify it.

#15     Aug 6, 2009
  6. really, perhaps you should check here:

http://www.cboe.com/publish/feeschedule/CBOEFeeSchedule.pdf
    [/QUOTE]

I just checked it out, it is very confusing to say the least...

What I would be pretty sure of though is that IB and Peak6(OH) are either market makers or Member firm prop and if so they do have the sliding scale. What volume they do have per month, I cannot estimate but I bet they don't pay too much per contract...

However your point sticks, they do seem to pay a fee per contract...

#16     Aug 6, 2009
  7. SForce

SForce

I just checked it out, it is very confusing to say the least...

What I would be pretty sure of though is that IB and Peak6(OH) are either market makers or Member firm prop and if so they do have the sliding scale. What volume they do have per month, I cannot estimate but I bet they don't pay too much per contract...

However your point sticks, they do seem to pay a fee per contract...
    [/QUOTE]

Yah.. I just looked at it again and realize line one:

I. CUSTOMER.....................................................................................................................................$.00

Pretty sure that's what would apply to me when I execute an order.

#17     Aug 6, 2009
  8. MEMBER FIRM PROPRIETARY SLIDING SCALE (11):

Above 950,000
    2 cents

So, someone will have to place 500+ contracts per trade on consistent basis to make them go in loss. Very unlikely.... Also routing kickback :) Now it makes some business sense....

Still for high priced stocks/options, IB is the best. And a hybrid approach will work the best over all.

#18     Aug 6, 2009
  9. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yah.. I just looked at it again and realize line one:

I. CUSTOMER.....................................................................................................................................$.00

Pretty sure that's what would apply to me when I execute an order. [/B][/QUOTE]

Well they do not give a definition of "customer" or I couldn't find it but when you place an order, I really really doubt you are dealing directly with CBOE. IMO it goes to the name and totals of your brokerage house, I doubt you actually "exist" as far as the CBOE knows or cares...

#19     Aug 6, 2009
  10. SForce

SForce

Wait wait wait.. you mean the CBOE doesn't care about ME? .. As a person? .. Shit.. I'm crushed. Now what will I do for friends?!

#20     Aug 6, 2009