Looking for good intraday stock filters

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Mecro, Feb 19, 2004.

1. Mecro

Mecro

Basically what the title says. I'm looking into getting a good filter for intraday. Anything from ranges, sharp moves, crossing MAs, that sort of stuff.

I've been searching the web here and there and been finding mostly whole package software that just has a stock filter. Wondering if there is simply a software kinda like Insight that is simply a filter.

2. tuna

tuna

3. I really like the feature at the bottom about the new alert sound.

If you want to succeed at trading definitely set it to rooster.

:p

4. If you're looking for something like Insight, we use Insight to generate scans on our servers and provide the real-time results over the Internet to traders' desktops. We do offer hosting of custom scans and you don't have the increasingly expensive data feed, server and licensing costs. We're not the cheapest around, but worth every penny if you're looking for fast and dependable alerts for day trading.

As far as a stand alone client to be able to program, just be aware of the time lag that can be associated with even semi-complex scans. There is programming code that is required in those types of programs that inherently induces delay in transmitting data back to you. If speed is not a concern, then you should be fine.

Bill

5. What do you guys think about whisper? It finds intraday stocks that have active size pushing a stock up or down. Seems to be good at finding you stocks to get you in with minimum risk since you know where the size is, where the floor or ceiling is. Anybody know of any other good screeners such as whisper?

6. iriekity

iriekity

7. why not use whisper its cheaper and does not have a delay in any filters. how are you different or better

8. WinSum

WinSum

Where is the Website for "whisper" ?

9. Just a side note pertaining to this question... A few years ago a lot of traders I knew used size as their primary trade criterion. Some were making $200,000+ a year just by buying (shorting) when they saw a big bid (offer). Sadly, those days have (or are very quickly) fading into a pleasant memory. To make a long story short, be careful when trading intraday filters that rely on size. This will be even more true in NYSE stocks as the 1099-share Direct+ limit is removed, permitting big bids and offers to be taken out in one immediate print.