Looking for good futures day trading broker (considering Cannon)

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by 47isthenewnumber, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Like I said, already called about the Ironbeam ones. I don't really care about Farr since they're an IB now and not entirely the same company as Ironbeam. When FCM's fuck up, they get an NFA ban, like Vision, Refco, MF. If Farr did something as bad as them, they wouldn't be allowed back.

#31     Aug 29, 2016
  2. Talked to a different guy about avoiding the transfer to Ironbeam. Long story short, he said "Wedbush policy for this situation... no way of assigning a new IB to your account... your account cannot "stay" here at Wedbush".

I may end up at Wedbush yet, but I'll have to jump through hoops to keep the players happy, regardless.

For now I've chosen Dorman, but I'll keep you in mind.

#32     Aug 30, 2016
    MattZ likes this.
  3. You may have a point about "degree of fuckup". But I'd rather trust my money to someone who has been "less fuckup" than another. (I'm a former SEC RIA and Registered Principal. In my view, reputation matters.)

#33     Aug 30, 2016
  4. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor

I appreciate the consideration. Someone of the same magnitude in terms of stability would be ADMIS. Nevertheless, I appreciate which ever way you decide and wish you the best with your trading. Thank you for keeping an open mind.

#34     Aug 30, 2016
  5. I thought about your offer and asked Wedbush about it. It would be "easy-peasy" to assign a new IB to the account and leave the money at Wedbush. But because Ironbeam is and will continue to be a "customer" of Wedbush, they said they "cannot make exceptions" in this transfer. Wedbush doesn't want to hurt anyone's feelings or jeopardize any business relationships for the convenience of one/a few customers. I understand. So... that's where we are.

#35     Aug 30, 2016
  6. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor

I will PM you.

#36     Aug 30, 2016
  7. CBC

CBC

Not a big fan of Cannon.

There was a withdrawal that took 2 1/2 weeks, then their open e-cry / GAIN combo was a disaster. So many "platform errors" after 1 weeks trading.

#37     Aug 30, 2016
  8. CannonTrading_Ilan

CannonTrading_Ilan Sponsor

Please be specific and feel free to contact me with your account number so I can look into that.
    If you have the margin available, withdraw would take a day at the most.

#38     Aug 30, 2016
  9. CannonTrading_Ilan

We clear with Dorman as well as 5 other FCm's if you need any feedback or assistance.

#39     Aug 30, 2016
  10. CannonTrading_Ilan

I know i might be a bit late on this one....BUT yes we have a staff of about 10 and yes we have been around since the late 80's. Some of the power players in the industry started at Cannon and trained under me. I'm not sure what you mean about lack of online presence. If you search "discount future brokers" on google and see who comes on top, we are featured almost weekly on sites like "thestreet.com" and "equities.com" and "insidefutures.com." We were one of the first commodity firms to offer "online futures trading" in the industry and are still here in the same building in Beverly Hills overlooking the Hollywood sign - you are welcome to come in and visit us anytime in person. To comment on what you said, it has been a few years since we advertised on elitetrader.com

I appreciate the fact you considered us and hoping that you are trading well regardless if you are with cannon or any other broker. Trading futures is not an easy business...

#40     Aug 31, 2016