Looking for Futures Trading Mentor

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Sattam, Jul 11, 2015.

1. Ok. In that case, you're either a troll or very, very stupid.

Good luck either way. :)

#61     Jul 13, 2015
  2. i960

i960

Straight up troll thread.

#62     Jul 13, 2015
    wrbtrader likes this.
  3. Sattam

Sattam

You guys don't get it!! I am offering you to trade demo and if it's good then you trade with really money! Why is that stupid?

#63     Jul 13, 2015
  4. samuel11

samuel11

No time to give a crap about you lol. You're welcome

#64     Jul 13, 2015
  5. Clearly, you're a man in a hurry.

#65     Jul 13, 2015
  6. NoDoji

NoDoji

Because if a person is a consistently profitable trader they don't have the time nor inclination to trade demo so they can then trade your account and have a little cut of profit. o_O

#66     Jul 13, 2015
    midtown and toucan like this.
  7. I smell a BS thread............

#67     Jul 14, 2015
  8. Handle123

Handle123

Even if you offered 80% return, not worth it as 100% is better than anything less, plus I don't ever have to listen to anyone about their account. People either bitch I am not trading enough contracts or why are you stopping at end of 45 minutes, screw that.

I liked that CANSLIM approach, I think some service offers stocks to do, anyone know?

#68     Jul 14, 2015
    AMARDEEP and Alpha Trader like this.
  9. If you look there https://www.topsteptrader.com/learnmore#learnmore-startyourtrial
    for 400$, a trader ( after having met the conditions) can trade a 150 000$ account.
    This for 80%.
    This is your competition.

Now, how many years have you been trading ?
    Losing 250 000$ ( dollars) is actually "nothing" in terms of entry cost into trading profitably.

You also say you are a GAMBLER , aka , from your own mouth that your main barrier
    to trading success is MENTAL ( psychology). Someone suggested you work on this aspect :
    what is your opinion on that?

NOW : just out of curiosity, have you borrowed money from people ( family? friends ? mob?) ,
    have lost a good chunk, thus are now really desperate to recover the lost money ?
    what is the reality of your situation?

Last edited: Jul 14, 2015
    #69     Jul 14, 2015
  10. motif

motif

James Altucher...
    A) SHOULD I DAYTRADE?

Only if you are also willing to take all of your money, rip it into tiny pieces, make cupcakes with one piece of money inside each cupcake and then eat all of the cupcakes.

Then you will get sick, and eat all of your money, but it will taste thrilling along the way. Which is what daytrading is.

B) I DON’T BELIEVE YOU. MANY PEOPLE DAYTRADE FOR A LIVING.

No. I personally know of two. Maybe three. And they work 24 hours a day at it and have been doing it for a decade or more. So unless you want to put in that amount of time and be willing to lose a lot first then you shouldn’t do it.

One more thing: when you daytrade and lose money it’s not like a job.

When you go into a job you NEVER lose money. If you show up for two weeks, you get paid. Even if you have been warned repeatedly about sexual harassment you still get paid. You might get fired but they won’t take your money.

The stock market TAKES your money on bad days.

Sometimes it takes a lot of your money. We’re not used to the brutality of that and it can destroy a person psychologically, which makes one (me) trade even worse.

C) WELL, WHO MAKES MONEY IN THE MARKET THEN?

Three types of people:

1. People who hold stocks FOREVER. Think: Warren Buffett (has never sold a share of Berkshire Hathaway since 1967) or Bill Gates (he sells shares but for 20 years basically held onto his MSFT stock).
    2. People who hold stocks for a millionth of a second (see Michael Lewis’s book “Flash Boys” which I highly recommend.) This is borderline illegal and I don’t recommend it.
    3. People who cheat.

#70     Jul 18, 2015
    NoDoji likes this.