Looking for funding

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by zigzag, Sep 14, 2010.

1. zigzag

zigzag

I've been live trading a small account and have been consistently profitable. I would like to try doing this for a living but I don't have enough capital. I'm hoping a prop firm or individual would be willing to back me based on my track record.

So, does anyone know of any prop firms that fully back their traders for a cut of the profits? Most of the ones I've seen so far require a deposit. Alternatively, are there any good places (besides ET) to look for funding from individuals?

As for my track record, I attached my results for the year. This was all done in a live trading account and I can provide detailed records. I make about 20 trades a day, each with a stop loss of $30-$50, and all my trades are strictly daytrades.

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give me.

2. Your best bet is getting funding from family and friends. Also, another source is to use private bank loans or credit card balance transfer offers if you have a good credit report, that's what I have been doing, but it's a bit difficult these days.

Just curious, it's not clear from your results what your annualized return, drawdown etc is. Also, what do you trade?

Good luck!

3. zigzag

zigzag

I'm not really comfortable with borrowing money from family/friends for this. I'd rather deposit 5k with a prop firm, which is probably what I'll end up doing. I'd try to net 3k to 5k a month and slowly increase my size from there. But if I were backed, I could trade much bigger size and I also think it would be much easier psychologically, which is why that would be my first option.

Since I'm strictly a daytrader, I don't think it makes sense to look at my annualized returns, which would probably be over 1,000%. It'd be more useful to consider what I risk, which is $30-$50 per trade or $400 a day. I hit my daily stop once this year, but my next biggest daily loss was about $250, and I made more than $400 on 12 separate days. My maximum drawdown was $700. Also, I only trade stocks.

4. What's your profit factor ?

5. zigzag

zigzag

I'm not sure if profit factor is supposed to be calculated using gross profit or net profit. If gross, my profit factor is 1.73. If net, it was 1.58.

6. I am looking grow my shy business. Sounds like you will have no problem paying the vig every week. Look forward to talking to you!

7. spd

spd

if you are consistently profitable just keep chuggin away. this isnt a sprint.

8. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

9. What virus?

I have an AV program on & didn't turn up anything.

Why would that site be spreading viruses to potential customers? They even claim to have McAfee on their end.

Most likely some programming error.

#10     Sep 15, 2010