Looking for elliott wave software

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by lasner, Sep 11, 2006.

1. I'm using AG 7.6 build 148 and discovered the 'scanner' is Search.

Yes it's very expensive sw and comments on the Yahoo Get Users
    forum suggest the 'Dashboard' edition is not worth purchasing.

Taowave, not sure what release you want, have you seen this page:
    http://www.advancedget.com/download/default.asp#

#11     Jan 10, 2007
  2. taowave

taowave

Hi Wallace,

I do have the last update before the "DashBoard" edition.I like the package from a pure charting viewpoint.I have asked for the ability to have a P&L simulator for the training mode and was told they would add it,but that was 3 years ago...

Unfortunately,Esignal has no interest in enhancing the product

#12     Jan 10, 2007
  3. Yes Taowave, I use MetaStock rt and v 10 is virtually the same program as v 7.

Well either EW is useful to you or you drop it, but you can't rely on software to correctly label a count,
    which is why Elwave for instance can produce a dozen or more 'alternate' counts.
    Sometimes I make a copy of a chart because AG's count has changed with the latest update but
    I'm still basing my analysis on the unchanged labeling. So you have to have a good working knowledge
    of EW to begin with to keep up with AG's labeling which you may disagree with and which may or
    may not turn out to be correct.

If you haven't read it the 'Catch 22' pdf is a
    " . . . study to identify a practical trading system with a reasonable expectation of positive returns
    year after year, in both up markets and down, executed by the average trader using eod data.
    " Advanced GET was the clear standout among the test in this study." — trading methods not
    software . . . "This was the first model tested and all others were devised in an attempt to beat it."

You may know Tom Joseph sold (?) AG to eSignal and developed Dynamic Trend which seems to
    me might be using the Ellipse or variation of to generate B/S signals.

Q: does anyone use the Neely method (I'm not familiar with it -- yet) in conjunction with AG, and
    do Neely and AG work together better than Elliott and AG ?

#13     Jan 11, 2007
  4. #14     Jan 30, 2007
  5. taowave

taowave

Hi Wallace,
    Thanks for the Catch 22 article...basically its a moving average system(XTL) with a bit of money management/position sizing and scaling of positions....

I did contact the folks over at Esignal today regarding their next upgrade for Advanced Get.The good news is that Advanced Get will now have a backtester in Esignal Language.The bad news is Esignals code is WAY too complex to be of any use..The really bad news is that Get will be charging close to $2,000 for an upgrade...

That was the last conversation I will have with them.$2,000 for an update to an EOD product???Plus,they will not let you transfer your product to another party....

#15     Jan 30, 2007
  6. Taowave, believe eod or rt AG is the most expensive charting sw
    on the market, so no surprise eSignal are sticking-it to owners
    with the upgrade.

#16     Jan 31, 2007
  7. ozzie123

ozzie123

I'm using Metastock's Elwave addons and I have to say it worked quite well ;). Might give it a shot

#17     Jan 31, 2007