Looking for DOM Trader Tutor

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by jamesblue, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Hey Traders,

I've been trading on tickets with Fidelity and TD Ameritrade, but looking to migrate to DOM (Depth of Market) trading tools and order execution.

I like Zeroline Trader becuase its interface seems simple (Ninjatrader is probably another one).

I want to get comfortable doing longs and shorting of equities only using the DOM Trader, but need a mentor or tutor.

Can anyone out there give me 5 mins?

I would prefer to learn on the Zeroline Trader platform so any help from seasoned users would be great.

Unfortunately, the training and support for these tools is pretty minimal and learning by "trial and error" seems unnecessarily risky.

Thanks,

James

2. NinjaTrader_Ray

NinjaTrader_Ray ET Sponsor

In contrast, our training is not minimal...

See the list of upcoming training events at the link below. Our next SuperDOM training session is early next week.

http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/trading_online_events.htm

3. Thanks Ninjatrader, but I've been down this road already.

I've done the DOM intro at Ninjatrader and it's really just a product demo to get you to buy (or lease) the licensed software. Overview is pretty general and leaves no time for specific questions since 100 newbies attend each seminar.

I'm talking about one-on-one training with a little more advanced hands-on.

I've already identified the DOM as a tool, but I don't need the sales pitch.

Again, no offense but thanks anyway.

4. Eight

Eight

People are complaining that with all the bots trading so much, watching the DOM is not what it used to be... I never learned it at all, so am I an expert? That would be a no, just passing along what I pick up by keeping my ear to the ground...

5. Thanks Eight, your insights are appreciated.

I'm still looking for someone if there is anyone who is interested in helping.