Looking for Desktop Alarm Software

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by klotzki, Dec 2, 2011.

1. klotzki

klotzki

Can anyone recommend a desktop alarm software or widget that can display alarm messages in the notification area instead of pop-up dialog boxes (for less distraction) on Windows 7?

Aside from the following common features I see in most alarm clock software I've seen so far:
    - supports multiple alarm settings, choosing day of the week
    - customizable message to display, and sound file to play

Other features that would be useful:
    - supports multiple time zone (e.g. can set alarm in exchange's local time)

Klotzki

2. rmorse

rmorse Sponsor

3. Please don't take this response as being rude or condescending, that isn't my intent at all.

It's software like this that tends to slow down the average trader's machine down to a crawl. I highly recommend AGAINST any add-ins, tool bars, extra software, etc. to the point that if you need Excel don't install the Office Suite just install Excel.

Thin & light is better than heavy and bloated. These types of software more often than not will use system resources behind the scenes, take up CPU & memory and the amount of time it'll take you to find a decent program (and configure it) will be far greater than simply paying attention to the alarms and dealing with them in a straight-forward manner.

Just my $0.02

4. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

It's in your windows 7 already under the task manager. Do Google search.
    It does everything you need and does not interfere with anything. I use it all the time; it's fully configurable.

5. klotzki

klotzki

Maestro,

Were you referring to "Task Scheduler"? I took a look at it before and tried the 'display message' feature. Again unfortunately, its display a pop-up dialog box instead of a notification message.

Maybe there's a simple program out that can do the job - take in paramaters like message to show and sound file to play, and display message in the notification area. Have yet to find one or figure out how to program it.

Klotzki

6. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

here it is:
    http://thecustomizewindows.com/2011/03/set-up-your-own-alarm-clock-using-windows-7-task-scheduler/

I use it a lot

7. I went looking for one I used to use. It was great and just what you say you're looking for. But I can't find it. Plenty to pick from here though: http://download.cnet.com/1770-2350_...e|platform=Windows|&sort=edRating4+asc&rpp=30