Looking for company to buy fast computer .

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Motosue, Jan 30, 2006.

1. Osiris

Osiris

Thanks for the tips everyone. Yeah, for me cost is still a pretty big factor, but I am not really a tech guy...so i can't actually build my own PC if i buy all the components seperately :(

I will check out newegg...that sounded like a super sweet deal, especially for 1.5yrs ago:D

I will most likely get 17" monitors, cost factor and space constraints. I was wondering about the Sharp monitor in my link too...not sure if it is VESA or not. I would definitely ask them before i buy them. Heh, i run a 1.5yr old AMD PC with 2 17" LCD's right now...and they are not mountable, so i have made that mistake once arleady...i will likely try to sell them or something.

Any advice on video cards for the 6 monitors? I was not sure if it would be best to have (1) 4 monitor card and (1) 2 monitor card. Or if it works to go for (3) 2 monitor cards...if you have the space on the board that is. Are most all the 4monitor cards done with those Y-cables, or are those more for the low-end cards?

Right now I am running one LCD in digital mode and one in analog....but i actually don't really know the difference. Is one better or worse gnome? I will only use this PC for trading...so i am likely going to go with a fairly bare bones system...just the OS, antivirus/firewall/spyware, and maybe office 2003 for Excel, etc. Only peripherals will be speakers...no other TV out or anything else.

What did you use to mount your Dell LCD's gnome? Good price at US$300/19"LCD, in Canada i can get fairly close but not that cheap for a new 19".

#41     Feb 11, 2006
  2. Osiris

Osiris

Thanks again all for the help...sorry if my post subject has been beaten to death on the forums:p

I just read through another thread and got some good answers there...i just wanted to clear up for myself about the DVI vs Analog....from what i was reading on:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showt...5&perpage=6&highlight=video card&pagenumber=7

It sounds like for just a 17" 1280X1024 there is not much difference between DVI or analog. If that is the case, i guess i will just go with the cheapest option. After reading through the other threads, it also sounds like the best option for a 6 17" monitor setup would be to go with (3) dual DVI/DVI output cards or even dual output DVI/Analog. I will probably try to find some of the Matrox or nVidia cards that were recommended on the other threads.

Thanks for all the posts:D

#42     Feb 11, 2006