Looking for company to buy fast computer .

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Motosue, Jan 30, 2006.

1. To the original poster: Falcon is an excellent computer company, but computers are overpriced. falcon-nw.com

Question:

I'm pretty sure you can, but i'm going to ask here to make sure.

I would like to know if its possible to have two graphic cards with an SLI set up plus a regular third one so I can have support for 6 monitors?

Thanks!

#11     Jan 31, 2006
  2. I was going to post the same thing...

DELL is worth it for the money. But the even faster computers are the ones that you put together yourself.

#12     Jan 31, 2006
  3. vinceb

vinceb

I have 2 video cards, one in my AGP port and one in pci port.

I can hook up alot more pci video cards in my pci port if i wanted too.

Make sure its the same brand so theres no driver conflicts.

IM using ati 9700 pci video card and a x800xt pe video card

Both made by ATI.

Right now I can hook up 4 monitors since they are dual outputs, but only have enough space for 3 monitors on my desk.

#13     Jan 31, 2006
  4. gnome

gnome

Go to the Tweaknews.net site. There's a place where you can scroll down and find this deal. Keep an eye out, it's a "regular" special and often repeated.

#14     Jan 31, 2006
  5. gnome

gnome

Wholeheartedly agree. I've had lots of computers over the years, and while I at one time claimed, "I'll *never* buy a Dell", 4 of the last 5 I bought were Dell. I've never had a significant problem with any of them.

#15     Jan 31, 2006
  6. gnome

gnome

ANY modern computer with enough slots will work. All you need is 2, quad cards or 4, dualheads. Suggest you avoid those with "onboard" or "integrated" video, however.

#16     Jan 31, 2006
  7. I bought a Dell for trading 6 months ago through Costco, pretty good deal and 6 month return no questions asked, also came with 3 year Punjabi support line. :p

Seriously their support is pretty bad, I figured it out myself quicker. The guy in Argentina, whom quoted me a dual head video card, because they won't support add on peripherals unless you buy them from Dell didn't do it though, quoted me one that was incompatible! I glad I checked it myself before deciding to purchase from tigerdirect.com.

Then 2 monitors weren't enough so I bought a used Matrox off of ebay, a 4 head from $120 USD.

#17     Jan 31, 2006
  8. gnome

gnome

Good one! :D

#18     Jan 31, 2006
  9. Agreed Gnome,

Being new to trading and this board I bought my Dell with onboard video, bad idea, I finally had to disable in bios and wipe out all drivers to get my Matrox drivers to work correctly. Plus when you buy a comp. with onboard you must disable to get your new video card to work so you just lost a video output.

Dan

#19     Jan 31, 2006
  10. The links there dont work so I guess they sold out or cancelled. I will keep an eye out for a repeat. thx

#20     Jan 31, 2006