Looking for automated Trading System / have clients / need system

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by traderbiker, Dec 16, 2012.

1. US wouldn't be a main market btw.

but it is a rather internationalized market.

---

also, i just looked at my thread title which is maybe a bit misleading.

"have clients"

i don't come with clients, i only come with a undeveloped market!
    so this can be a failure!

#21     Dec 16, 2012
  2. rwk

rwk

If you and all your clients are outside USA, you can get by without US registration, but you won't be able to accept investments from Americans. Rich Americans can get around that by forming a blocker company in the Caribbean. If your trader is in the USA, he/she will have to be registered. If he is just the author of the software and not involved in trading, I'm not sure.

#22     Dec 16, 2012
  3. traderbiker,

Here's a simple suggestion that eliminates all the legal problems and negates the worry over system knowledge:
    You need a signal service (someone that provides a trade signal without the knowledge of how it was created) that sends signals to an autotrading broker.
    1: Have each of your clients individually subscribe to the signal service.
    2: Have each of your clients open individual accounts with an autotrade broker that accepts the autotrade signals from the
    signal service you choose (ask the signal service for suggestions on an autotrade broker that cooperates with them).
    3: If any of these accounts are under $25,000, make sure they are opened as "Cash Only," so they don't get shutdown for daytrading.

Be careful with brokers who do autotrading!
    They are so different in their autotrade policies regarding charges that some charge rediculous fees and commissions for it and others do it as a courtesy to their clients.

Jeff

#23     Dec 17, 2012
  4. hmmm......you just happen to know people with money to invest but no method to do it with?

Dream on.

#24     Dec 17, 2012
  5. themickey

themickey

There is nothing strange with that.
    Most entrepreneurs get to the top of the food chain by hiring people smarter than themselves, therefore he doesn't do the work himself, he just stitches the deal.

In this instance I'm guessing traderbiker being a marketer, has identified an idea and is going to create a market between investors who can't trade with nerds who have algo's but can't raise capital.

Mr. biker may not have clients yet, but that shouldn't be a problem, can't be any more difficult than creating and coding an algo from scratch and I know much about that.

The fact bikerman knows nothing about coding etc is probably a benefit. If he were a broker or ex trader or whatever would make me wary.

traderbiker sent me a PM wanting to know:
    .) how long been traded
    .) accounts size
    .) stats / equity curve
    .) general description of trading algo
    .) time frame it trades / trades per month

I won't respond yet as I wish to see how the discussion on this thread evolves.

#25     Dec 17, 2012
  6. please also include the disclaimer when you quote me:

also, just to make sure, i will not ask you about any secrets of your system which would allow me in any way to "reverse engineer it", nor will i ask you to trade my account or so.

#26     Dec 17, 2012
  7. given that i can understand the skepticism in here:

i'd be fine with setting up a letter of intent by my lawyer and singing a NDA for that purposes for everyone who is interested.

#27     Dec 17, 2012
  8. MLI

MLI

I can help you do what you're trying to do. Please send me an email or reply to mine.

Thanks.

#28     Dec 17, 2012