Looking for another broker after Freetrade closes.

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by MRWSM, Mar 30, 2005.

1. Catoosa

Catoosa

I have found Ameritrade executions to fast enough provided I am hitting the bid or ask and the bid offer size is there; However, if I am adding liquidity it is a whole different story (we know where ameritrade sends those orders). I am sure the Izone account order fills would not be any better than the regular Ameritrade account.

#31     Mar 31, 2005
  2. steve23

steve23

To joeyata1

I dont know why you call me a liar.

I have nothing to gain from what I posted on here, and yet in 2 messages you call me a liar ?? Why ?

Even you mentioned that posting such a email could hurt me, and I almost did not post it becasue of this, but yet the only regret I have about doing so is being called a liar from you !
    I think somone crapped in your coffee, and you get satisfaction out of calling me a liar, when yet the only proof you have is that you did not get this letter

To me it is not that big of deal, that Freetrade offered this to me. If you look at an earlier message from me, you will read where said for the last few months my fills have been bad, only getting most of my limit orders when they price goes through me.
    BUT.. when I first started with them it was great. So after reading on here tha some of you were very upset over what they were doing to you, and with such a short notice, AND since I have gained allot from many of you on here, I decided to copy the email for all ot read.

I know there are other Traders on here from Houston Texas, So how about Mr. joeyata1 agreeing to apologize if another member on here comes over to my house to read the email from Freetrade.

Once again, If joeyata1 can justify calling me a liar, yet he has no proof, and yet I gain nothing by posting the email, then maybe your probelm wont be solved by any proof, But the offer still stands

#32     Apr 1, 2005
  3. MRWSM

MRWSM

I have tried Scottrade, they were rated #1 but I don't know in the world why. When I was with them they were down at least a few times a week. The fills were unpredictable also, sometimes they surprise you with a good fill, most times they were way off level II numbers. With Freetrade I usually get level II ask when I buy and bid when I sell. If Izone has the same type of fills I'll stay with them.

#33     Apr 1, 2005
  4. How about you fax me a copy of your email? Or, better yet, just forward it to me at kjkent1@yahoo.com.

#34     Apr 1, 2005
  5. Don't assume everyone is so cynical. What does Steve really have to gain by lying?

#35     Apr 1, 2005
  6. steve has nothing to gain by lieing i agree. but steve even admitted he said the fills suck and by that i would assume steve trades very little with freetrade. there seems to be many on here who trade big with freetrade and they didn't get an offer.after my dealings with freetrad ein years past they jsut could give a damm about wether you stayed or left so i'd be suprised if thjey cared if anyone left or stayed. anyway i hardly ever use freetrade anyway as there fills have sucked for years. thats why its free or a few bucks. steven if you don't want the deal pass it on to a big vol trader. i think i called you a fiber not aliar and i should have said i'm suspicious of it. no need for hard feelings on this board as its aboard of information. so for that i'm sorry

#36     Apr 1, 2005
  7. steve23

steve23

No hard feelings

Steve:)

#37     Apr 1, 2005
  8. rickn27

rickn27

I notice on this thread that no one has suggested simply sticking with Izone.
    I am with Ameritrade Apex and feel like a chump with all the commissions I've been paying. I was ready to jump to Freetrade and they told me they're closing. Makes sense; I couldn't see why someone would look at Freetrade and Izone and then go with $5 / trade Izone. But it beats $11/trade Apex.

I'm a channel trader, not looking for scalping a penny, but I can't afford to lose a few cents on each entry/exit either, as typical moves are only .30-.60.

Are their any Izone current customers out there who can comment on limit order executions? Are you the last one to get filled at that price, as the complaint seems to be with FreeTrade now?

My Apex experience is like that earlier posted here - decent fills on 100-200 share orders, but market orders larger and they mess with you, even for decent volume NASDQ 100 stocks.

#38     Apr 1, 2005
  9. alanm

alanm

There were some people that made money on an arb opportunity at Freetrade, in size. Chances are good that it cost Freetrade significant money. I suspect that they would not want to keep those customers.

#39     Apr 1, 2005
  10. Steve,

I got the same e-mail. Maybe it's a Texas thing. I live on a ranch about 3 hours north of you.

Chuck

#40     Apr 2, 2005