Looking for an inexpensive stock chart service

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Happy Hopping, Oct 31, 2006.

1. jimmie57

jimmie57

I just loaded QT and tried the different charts with 2 monitors.
    The charts using Prophet will expand some, not all the way across. The Big Charts do nothing, I don't like them.

The live historical and intraday charts will expand across the 2 monitors.

I just down loaded QT Sunday and have been working with it every day since. Tons of stuff you can set on the charts.

Good luck,

#11     Nov 25, 2006
  2. The won't be much out there that will beat IB with Quotetracker. You can even execute your trades from Quotetracker directly.

I can't imagine that TD is going to give you better leverage or lower commissions than IB no matter what you trade.

Good luck.

#12     Nov 25, 2006
  3. jimmie57

jimmie57

Thanks for the info. I actually do not know what IB is at this time.

I use Scottrader for my trading.
    Currently is does not appear that I can trade out of QT.

Scottrader is very fast and does a good job for me.
    They have an office a few miles from me which I like.

#13     Nov 25, 2006
  4. Did you try Swing Tracker I found it to be the most inexpensive real time charting.

#14     Nov 25, 2006
  5. rcj

rcj

IB = www.interactivebrokers.com
    Its well worth the 10$/mo if you dont do 30$ commish per month. You can trade just about anything here except your mother-in-law. And they might even arrange that when they can find someone to take the other side of the trade.

... rj

#15     Nov 25, 2006
  6. jimmie57

jimmie57

Quote Tracker is Free.

#16     Nov 25, 2006
  7. Thom64

Thom64

Greetings,

Im not sure what instrument you are trading,but for futures,IBs booktrader coupled with QT is the best bang for the buck.

The speed of IB compared to other retail brokers is unmatched.While trading YM on my laptop,with a wireless connection,I can trade anywhere Verizon has cellular service,with multiple YM QT charts running simultaneously.

I am still using the free version of QT,has anyone upgraded to the full version?What are the advantages,other than longer time frames of data?

cordially Tom

#17     Nov 25, 2006
  8. To Thom: The full version of QT is the same but you don't get the advertisements flashing all the time and you get update alerts.

To Jimmie: IB = www.interactivebrokers.com

I use Scottrade to take care of OTC and broker executed trades in mining and some foreign stocks. However, IB takes care of everything else for me as far as my investment fund is concerned. I have looked around and it is the most supported and robust broker around.

#18     Nov 25, 2006
  9. Also, you may want to check out www.prophet.net. They offer a nice Java-based graphing component that is very good for EOD stocks. Note that it does not handle futures.

#19     Nov 25, 2006
  10. what do you use qt for that ib doesn`t provide.....i have ib and fidelity....i use fidelity for their nice platform and direct trading...and i put up the indexes charts while i`m trading in ib .....but what exactly do you use QT for guys as it is free and you have to pay ib a lot in commissions for something right? what does qt get out of it..........advertising model?

#20     Nov 25, 2006