Looking for an Edge !

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Bigstuff, Oct 8, 2020.

1. Roddog101

Roddog101

Been trading for over 20 yrs, trading full time for 3 or more years...
    Lately I have some lower latency strategies that I have traded manually w some success.
    But I need someone to work with that has the coding/programming/backtesting ability to help me dial these in & figure out if the success I have had was random. These are fairly simple that someone w coding ability could do in their sleep. Been in this plenty long enough to know there is no holy grail, si I am not some pie in the sky greamer fwiw. Just wanting someone to collab with & help me flesh this out...
    Thanks in advance

#31     Oct 10, 2020
  2. Trader Curt

Trader Curt

Be a winner! Don't invest in anything that's going to go down! Buy low sell high man! Think smart, make money!

You're welcome :D

#32     Oct 10, 2020
  3. Bigstuff

Bigstuff

There is a distinct edge in this chart ....... see if you can spot it.
    Here's a tip..........it's in the blueish line.

upload_2020-10-11_15-4-11.png

Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
    #33     Oct 11, 2020
  4. no one will hand you a Proven, Tested Trading Plan with an Edge. Unless you pay them the money.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
    #34     Oct 11, 2020
  5. DevBru

DevBru

4000 charts each day manually? Sounds very inefficient? Isn't there any way to filter through them on certain conditions with some code?

I also have a daily strategy that can be applied to all stocks, however instead of having to screen through thousands and thousands of charts each day i coded some filters, things i would normally look for manually and by doing so i can limit the charts i have to screen manually.

Even if you can just eliminate 50% automatically, that would save you a lot of time. Like for example only show stocks that closed green yesterday or only show stocks that are trading above MA, ...

#35     Oct 11, 2020
  6. You forgot to add.
    It must be workable for someone with one day's experience because that's all I have..

#36     Oct 12, 2020
  7. What makes you think that?

#37     Oct 12, 2020
    slugar and SimpleMeLike like this.
  8. henry76

henry76

And not even then , though they will sell you something.

#38     Oct 12, 2020
  9. Hello sir,

I like your hat. Well, I think it's just common sense. I could be wrong, and hope I am wrong.

D you think a trader shares their edge for free?

What are your thoughts?

#39     Oct 12, 2020
  10. Tradex

Tradex

You want French fries with that, too? :D

[​IMG]

#40     Oct 15, 2020
    They likes this.