Looking for an assistant trader position

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by rkana, Feb 25, 2006.

1. rkana

rkana

I am looking for a job as an assistant trader. I live in NJ, 20min outside of NYC. I have the Series 7, 63, and 55 plus a BA in Economics and in the middle of an MBA. I am willing to work my behind off for peanuts and trading mentorship. I have previous daytrading experince with a prop. firm. I am looking for a steady salary however small it may be until I become profitable. Is this just a dream or do these jobs exist somewhere. I am willing to do whatever it takes. I eat, live and sleep trading. While I was daytrading I would go over my trades in my dreams and wake up in the middle of the night with mistakes I was making. If someone could point me in the right direction I am willing to compensate you for your efforts.

2. I moved to New York from Florida in search of what you seek, and now I'm moving to Chicago. I'm not moving until Wednesday so I can't yet speak from experience, but my impression is that I'm doing the right thing.

3. lasner

lasner

You know what you should do is develop a great track record with real money. If you don't mind me asking what is your track record with real money? Once you have one developed this could lead to a position. Right now we are in a bear market in the stock market. Once another big bull market returns the trader jobs will start to pop up.

4. Check the New York times, http://www.nytimes.com/ . Once in a while you will see a position you are looking for open..

5. newb

newb

Quite frankly, there are thousands of people like you who will work their ass off for no pay at all. What makes you any different?

6. Ebo

Ebo

Get a job as an Autex operator!
    Make sure you can remember the Starbucks order for 15.

7. rkana

rkana

thank you all for your honest responses.

I daytraded at WorldCo LLC from '01-'03 and in that time managed to pull out of the market 25K net. (Not spectacular but profitable nonethless) Then came a 3 mo. period of no income and just flat trading so I needed a steady income.

I will continue my search for the ever elusive assistant trading position.

8. keep looking

if you really want an Asst. Trader position, then:

• take your trading skills and $200 - $500
    • trade options until your account is well over $15,000
    • take your track record with you on interviews, if you get any.....
    • then go over to one of the Prop Shops and deposit your funds there and
    • let them train you to be a Trader! instead of being an assistant trader...

they came across a (road) sign that said: Bear Left,

--- so they went home.....

9. rkana

rkana

why options?, I am currently studying the futures market and plan on starting in this market. I believe commodities have a better leverage than options.

10. In my experience it's never a bad idea to ask for what you want. The worst you can hear is "no".

Good luck, rkana.

#10     Mar 3, 2006