Looking for an apprentice

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by bvitrader, Feb 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have been trading for a while now, I have seen my money evaporate, and lived through the frustration of "not getting it". After I finally made it through, and given that paying forward was a requirement from the kind soul who taught me how to trade I decided to find a way to develop new traders in this art/science of trading.

So I developed a method to get new people who want to start a path in trading to find the end of the tunnel sooner rather than later. I made a pilot, a huge pilot and 98% of those involved failed in the attempt, but at the end 2% were able to make a profit, not billions, not enough to change their yacht, but good enough not to have to look for a job ever again (if they keep doing it right).

The method is simple:

1. You need to want to become a trader, not just making money trading, but having a deep desire to make trading your career.
    2. You will have to do homework, and I mean a lot of homework, dedication and record keeping is paramount in order to succeed in this line of business.
    3. You will have to be patient, it will take between 6 months to a year before you can place a trade with real money.
    4. You will need to understand that the only one responsible for your success is you.

I will provide guidance, and enforce discipline when required and I will not tolerate laziness or stupidity, I just dont have the time for that. But I am really interested in helping other traders thrive just for the sake of helping.

I know trolls will fall upon me asking for my blotter and demanding I provide a tested system, I will not provide any or the above. As the system that those interested will be trading will be one designed by them and by them alone, I am not offering a holly grail system, but a methodology to build, backtest, forwardtest and finally trade your own system.

As a trackrecord, I only have that 2% who I have successfully managed to get funded by a prop firm in Chicago, something that I will also help those interested to achieve.

I will not charge a dime for those who are really interested, and for those who I see that have no real interest I will just not help. If there is nobody interested I will just go somewhere else.

If you are interested hurry up and reply here or send me a PM whatever makes you comfortable, If a hundred people show up, I will have to start in a first come first served as I am only one person, so I apologize in advance.

Thanks for reading and if you want the help to be provided in spanish I can deal with that as well.

VPhantom, heavenskrow and BON like this.
  2. NoBias

NoBias

caveat emperor

lawrence-lugar likes this.
  3. BON

BON

Hello,
    I am interested in your offer as I have a lot to learn.
    BON

bvitrader likes this.
  4. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

This implies you're in the Chicago area and will only be doing the apprenticeship in person in the Chicago area ? Thus, you'll be also teaching all those things required to be successful as a trader that has nothing to do with trade systems considering you mention discipline, not tolerating laziness or stupidity.

5. It is actually caveat emptor, and you are right to dismiss the offer. Have a Nice day

6. I am NOT in Chicago and I will not be teaching this in person, all communications will be remote and what I am talking about is to help develop a trading plan and the way follow it, test it, and finally trade it.

Once the person is able to make money demo trading I will advice on funding.

7. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Remote ?

I guess you mean you're going to be mentoring someone online. In addition, you didn't mention automation. Therefore, I will assume its some rule base trading plan...how to follow it, test it and trade it.

1) When you say once the person is able to make money in demo trading...will the person need to cough up money to work at the prop firm in Chicago or do you have something setup with the prop firm so that they do all the funding ?

2) Will the prop firm in Chicago require relocation to Chicago or is this via remote too ?

3) Will you be remotely sharing screens with your student...so that he/she can watch you trade with real money and then vice versa after the demo trading phase considering most traders do in fact trade differently (for the worse) when real money is on the line ?

By the way, thanks for answering that important question about teaching remote or in person...its a huge difference.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2016
  8. J_Smith

J_Smith

Some years ago I read Phantom of The Pits, where a successful pit trader gave an interview which was published, as he wanted to..

"give something back"

All I will say, is, a few years ago I thought it was a good read, whilst now, after making and losing good money, a good few times, I can tell you it is a big cock and bull story!

Firstly, anyone who trades seriously, knows that the last thing you need is a distraction of any kind, whether it be during or outside trading hours, as it affects your ability to stay focused, which is one of the keys to trading effectively.

Secondly, if any person is going to spend some time listening and learning from someone else, the first thing the person who is offering should do, is show his losing trades, yes, his losers, not his winners, for anyone can win, that is the easy part, but very few can lose correctly, which is a pre requisite for effectively trading any market ,- just look at new PDT rules post dot com bubble to validate my statement.

I am not saying you are right or wrong, a chancer or a genuine good person, all I am saying, based on my experiences, it is not as easy as any person makes it out to be, and, if you come back in 5 years, and show me how the 2% are now doing, based on their results, then you will have solid proof to back up what you say and offer, but for now, readers should take it as another Phantom of The Pits!

Just my thoughts of course, which really mean nothing!

J_S

9. 1. As you may know there are firms in Chicago that require the trader to put up some money and others that are only trying to find talent.

2. No, the traders that I have managed to get funded so far don't even live in the States. One of them barely speaks English.

3. No. I will just require them to keep a journal. They can share it for comments or not, is up to them.

10. Thanks for sharing your thoughts

#10     Feb 21, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.