Looking for advice on European futures trading

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by scottomatic, Oct 21, 2006.

1. cmaxb

cmaxb

Global has good Euro markets. Trade one Bund or one EStoxx for €300 or €500. And test the waters.

#11     Mar 21, 2007
  2. ybfjax

ybfjax

OpenEcry actually has those already. So does transact.

I've looked at global and am demoing their platform now. Global has the FTSE and CAC40 and they actually have good day trading margins. But strategy runner doesn't have the best trading ladder (or platform) I've seen. At least not for ladder trading. I'm actually looking to trade:

Amsterdam AEX index, Swiss SMI, Hang Seng. Also, FTSE 100, CAC40.

It's hard to find a brokerage (at least stateside) with everything. But if I can have 2-3 accts, that's not a big problem.

#12     Mar 21, 2007
  3. syrre

syrre

Man Financial

#13     Mar 22, 2007
  4. The FTSE is great for intraday trading; less whippy than the DAX. I trade through Interactive Brokers.

#14     Mar 23, 2007
  5. lrito

lrito

Hi. In my opinion, the best euro markets futures to daytrading, position trading, etc, are the Eurostoxx50, DAX30 and sometimes CAC40.

We can say that DAX30 is the lighthouse of the European Markets. So, if trading the Eurostoxx50 or CAC40, we must look also for what the DAX30 is doing. It's like the US markets, is very unusual or almost impossible to see for example the SPX up 15 points and the Dow down 100 points on the same day. That's the same for the Euro markets.

If you are trading with a small account, the Eurostoxx50 is better, is not the killer like DAX. CAC40 is sometimes tricky.
    But if you are an experienced trader with a large account, the DAX is more appropriate and more fun :)

Bye.

#15     Mar 28, 2007
  6. Is there a good source of intra day data for the Euro Indexs?

Any help appreciated

#16     Apr 13, 2007
  7. Don't forget the Bund (bond - GBL on Interactive Brokers). Its slightly trendier than ESTX50 and has similar risk and reward profiles.

Both Bund and ESTX50 have great liquidity whereas DAX can seem a bit thin.

#17     Apr 13, 2007