looking for advice - insurance fixed income analyst

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by jo0477, Oct 2, 2011.

1. jo0477

jo0477

Hey all, not sure what thread this should be under so please move if I'm in the wrong spot.

I was wondering if anyone out there works in fixed income/interest rate risk analysis in the insurance industry. I was a former energy trader/scheduler and am certified in general securities, derivatives, and options (Canada).

I trade my own stock and options account that has done quite well... my personal futures trading has been better but I'm doing so-so there

I have an interview coming up and would really appreciate any advice regarding their expectations and possible questions.

JO

2. If you have experience in energy trading/scheduling, why in the world would you look at an insurance fixed income analyst position?

3. jo0477

jo0477

I recently had to move and unfortunately its very much blue collar with pretty limited opportunities. I have to explain to most people what a scheduler is (it exists in a very limited capacity here). I thought an analyst position sounds interesting too, maybe not overly glamorous but hopefully challenging.

4. What do you want to know? I neither in risk nor in the insurance industry, but I do fixed income.

5. jo0477

jo0477

Thanks for the reply. I have a pretty solid grasp of the insurance business model, in regards to rate risk and asset/liability matching... that sort of info. I was just hoping that someone in a similar position could shed some light on what type of questions I may be looking at.

JO

6. Ah, then I can't really help, sorry...