Looking for a trading room in Chicago or surburbs

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by TradingWarrior, May 19, 2011.

1. Hello, I hope this is the right place to put this question.

I was wondering if there is a place near other traders that I could rent a desk and trade? I do not want to work for any prop firm, but am going to be independent and trade my own strategies.

I just would like to interact with other traders, and maybe learn a few things from them since I am pretty new at this.

Thank you.

2. Doyle

Doyle

Check out Great Point Capital. We have a trading floor in downtown Chicago, and we are a FINRA broker-dealer, so you can either join our prop group or just open a standard retail account.

www.greatpointcapital.com

3. Thank you Doyle, however I was primarily looking for just a space to rent, and not joining a prop or retail firm.

But I will look into the place you recommended.

4. Im curious to know, what is in it for you guys, if someone can just trade using their own capital and using your equipment, what do you guys get out of it?

5. rosy2

rosy2

commisions/fees

6. you didn't specify futures or equities focus, but if interested in futures / futures options, Advantage Futures has a trading room in Downers Grove area...although you would have to clear through them to access it.

7. My mistake.

I probably put this in the wrong category. I put this in "Prop Firms" because I wanted to rent a desk there but wanted to trade through my own broker.

I really do not care if I am trading in a room with equity traders, or future traders, or options traders, or FX traders. I just want to trade with other traders rather than trading in my own home by myself.

I already have a broker, I do not need a retail broker or a prop broker. It should have put this in "Career trader," because now I have confused everybody.

Well I knew this was a bit of a long shot, but if anyone knows of a place in the Chicago area where I can rent a desk without having to open an account, I would appreciate it. Thank you.

8. What do you trade and what kind of volume?

9. I am still paper trading because I am learning. I am preparing to trade equities, but really I could learn a lot from an expert trader in probably any market.