Looking for a trading partner!

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by 10_bagger, Apr 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Of course, I knew the reference.

Re: Trading partners/buddies

I was trembling as I put on my jacket
    It had creases as sharp as a knife
    I put the ring in my pocket but there was a note
    And my heart it jumped into my mouth,
    It read, "darlin I'm sorry to hurt you but I've no courage to ..... "

#21     May 3, 2019
  2. i have been listening to a series of podcasts and many of these traders apparently hooked up on twitter (I don't use social media myself).

you may enjoy this interview
    https://chatwithtraders.com/ep-124-max-madaznfootballr/

and listening to the balance of the series.

All the best

#22     May 4, 2019
    10_bagger likes this.
  3. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

so just curious as hell here would love an honest answer, did all your education prepare you well for being a trader? m

#23     May 4, 2019
  4. 10_bagger

10_bagger

I know you are asking probably asking about trading education but i'll respond to both college and trading education.

I major in Business Administration with a focus in marketing so my college education did little to prepare me for trading. But taking a finance class is what sparked my interests in trading.

As far as trading education, i did take two online courses and one local trading course. Through these courses, I learned some basic stuff like MACD, moving averages, bollinger band, and some basic trading strategies, etc etc. Most of the information that i learned you can pick up from a book or youtube videos today. I applied the concepts that i learn from these courses to live trading but couldn't make any real money so i stopped. I also researched 7-8 of those online alert services subscription(these services send you a text/email on entry and exits for a monthly fee) and subscribed to a few to see how other traders trade.

From my experience, 90-99 percent of those who teaches courses on trading or offer trading alert services are all average or below average traders. The reason these guys are teaching these courses is because most of them can’t make enough money trading so that’s why they teach. I will go as far as saying some of these guys adjust their trading results to paint the image of a better performance to attract unsuspecting customers. So i definitely think there's a lot of truth to the say "those who can't trade teach".

But with that said, there are some value with these courses especially for those starting out. I wouldn't be able to come up with some of the strategies i have today without learning the basic fundamentals from these courses. I think most "profitable traders" would agree with me that it would take a ridiculous sum of money for them to teach someone everything that they know. People who doesn't understand trading think that traders are selfish because we are not wiling to help others but what they don't realize is that a lot of strategies have limited liquidity so if you teach someone, you are affectingly creating competition for yourself.

#24     May 5, 2019
  5. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

You should contact the forums of the charting software or broker forums you're using to post the same info about your location so that you can meet other traders or potential partner from the Seattle/Tacoma/Everett/Kirkland area.

Also, you should post adds at nearby campuses on the bulletin boards of the business/finance/econ schools.

In addition, start your own trading club but it may take 1 - 2 years to get some members to join. Hopefully, you'll then meet someone local (nearby) that can result into a "trading partner".

That's exactly what I did many years ago and it resulted in a 5 of us opening an office together for trading purposes from a group of 21 traders. We had an office for several years in a warehouse office near the old Kingdom until each one of us relocated out of the state or country. I was the last one out of the office...moved to another country.

wrbtrader

#25     May 5, 2019
    10_bagger likes this.
  6. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

So you have college and did it help you in trading? (y) (n)

You say you took a couple of trading courses but dismiss most of them because why would a teacher teach right I get it. Why would that same theory not apply to college education? Why would you not realize that in college you are not learning but rather memorizing the knowledge of others?

I tried trading with a group of guy before a few times it never worked. Except one time I was paired up to the right guy it was magic and we made tons of money went separate ways. Hard to find that again.

#26     May 5, 2019
    Handle123 and themickey like this.
  7. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Many universities offer "application" (work/train in the field) in the upper level courses especially graduate school. In addition, many setup "internships" directly into the field of study with their sponsors...resulting in more application in real job environment.

Then there's the list of universities that have professional trading rooms for graduate students seeking to work on Wall Street or financial hub like in London...sponsor by many financial institutions.

Simply, most of the memorizing occurs in the lower level classes like 101, 201 and 301 but its mainly just application after that along with building a network with those in the financial industry.

wrbtrader

#27     May 5, 2019
  8. 10_bagger

10_bagger

I think i answered ur question already. College did not help with trading.

My experience with poker and a blackjack card counter helped a lot more.

#28     May 5, 2019
  9. 10_bagger

10_bagger

Thank you for your reply!! If I can’t find what I want on here I will take your advice once I have more time.

#29     May 5, 2019
  10. suki5978

suki5978

Hi 10 bagger

I am new to this site and new to trading. I just recently certified with Bloomberg Market Concepts and in the process to select a trading brokerage/platform. (some of the brokers I'm considering are interactive brokers/tradingview+cqg/tigertrade/TradeStation) I only have some experiences using Trading-view simulation account, but I did made 49/50 profitable trades. My goal is to be a day trader equities focused, hopefully to move to swing and long-term in time.

Equities are my main focus and I'm also learning macro-quant and python for data science and trading. Options, bonds, Forex, and commodities are not my learning priorities, but I'm open to learn and broaden my knowledge as well.

I'm 34 yrs old Asian American female with a business science background (I also dig and still digging finance & econ classes). My strategy is more fundamental focused as I like to stay current with Bloomberg news, crunchbase, seeking alpha, and etc. I usually spend a good amount of time daily to grab information on finance, econ, tech, and businesses related articles. Looking to be a high frequency day trader to optimal & max profit/loss via fundamental analysis rather than technical. Looking to gain some hedging experiences too (If you are a fan of Billions we'll have an extra topic to talk about!)

Hoping to connect, to inspire and be inspired, and to share learning experiences together! I'm not Seattle based, I live in LA but willing to connect via skype. What are some of the qualities that you for in a trading partner?

Suki

#30     May 6, 2019
    10_bagger likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.