Looking for a trading partner!

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by 10_bagger, Apr 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 10_bagger

10_bagger

I’ve been a member of elite trader forum for several years now but this is my first post so go easy on me if the topic doesn’t interest you.

One of the things that I dislike about being a retail trader is the lack of social interaction. For as long as I can remember I’ve been doing this on my own. I want to find full time traders (preferably stock traders because that’s the asset class I trade) to have discussions about the stock market, trading ideas, and exchange daily trading experiences. I do not need someone to hold my hands or coach me because I’m already a profitable trader and is making a good/decent living trading. If you are willing to pass on your wisdom then I’m all ears but it is not needed. On the other hand, if you are an aspiring trader and need a little bit of help, I’m willing to help push you into the right direction as long as it does give away my own strategy.

I’ll give some information about my background along with my trading experience.

I’m a 38 years old Asian American male. I was first introduced to the stock market back in 2002-2003 while taking a finance class at Seattle University. Immediately I was hooked and knew from that day somehow my life is going to be revolved around the stock market.

After graduating from Seattle University in 2004 with a Bachelor Degree in Business Administration I didn’t take the conventional route and did the 9-5 thing. I saw an opportunity to make good money playing online poker so I decided to pursue a poker career. My first year as a full time poker player in 2005, I made almost 200k. This was a lot of money to me back then and I totally took money for granted because of how easy it was to make money playing poker during this time. At the peak of my poker career I was making 200-250 dollars per hour but I was only playing 20-30 hours a week. Looking back, I still regret not working more because the soft poker games didn’t last long. For the next six years, the game got progressively harder and harder and I was making less and less each year. In 2010 all of the big poker sites blocked all players who live in Washington State from playing online poker because our state banned online poker. In 2011, the majority of poker sites blocked all U.S. players from playing. During this time, I felt lost and didn’t know what I was going to do with my life because I had a mortgage and didn’t have any significant income coming in. I was living off my savings.

Since 2003, I have been active in the market jumping back and forth between an active investor and trying to become a day trader. Throughout this time, I tried day trading many times but never had any success. At the end of 2011, I made a decision that would ultimately change my life. Against the warning of all my loved ones, I decided that I was going to put my life savings on the line and give day trading everything I have. I spent the next 2.5 years of my life in complete isolation so I can completely focus on trading. I was often working 100-120hrs a week and sleeping 2-3 hours a day. I spent so much time studying that I developed a bad migraine headache that come daily after a study session that last more than 3hrs.

My first year of trading full time was mainly trial and error and trying to figure out what works and what doesn’t. I was able to make a little bit of money but it was not enough to cover for my living expenses. Towards the end of my second year, I reached a point where my trading income was able to cover my cost of living. I consider my third year my breakout year because this is the year where I saw a significant boost in my income. By 2017, I felt that I have reached the top of my day trading potential so I started to work on a swing trading strategy. I started swing trading in 2018 and due to my experience as a day trader I was able to adapt to swing trading quickly and found a profitable swing trading strategy.

Jumping to 2019, I’m happy to say that all of my hard work has paid off. I am still a full time trader and am actively day and swing trading. I can honestly say that I love my job and can’t see myself doing anything else in life. My next step is to move over to longer term investing.

That’s my story. I hope it’s not too long and dragged out. I hope through this post I can find a maximum of two trading partners. I am confident it would be mutually beneficial partnership/friendship for most who are interested. If you have any questions don’t hesitant to ask. If you are interested please send me a message along with a short description of yourself and we can exchange contact information. Also, please excuse any grammatically errors in this post. Writing is not one of my strong suit. Thank you for your time.

10_Bagger

2. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Thank you for the post. Are you still in Seattle?

3. 10_bagger

10_bagger

Yes, I live in Renton to be exact.

Handle123 likes this.
  4. 10_bagger

10_bagger

I see you as an active member on here Robert. Where are you from? I have a lightspeed trading account by the way. :) You welcome Robert. Thank you for reading and replying

Handle123 and Robert Morse like this.
  5. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

10_bagger likes this.
  6. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

I grew up on Long Island. After NYU I lived in Queen, NY for a 3+years then moved to Westchester, NY. I have been in Westchester since 1988.

7. 10_bagger

10_bagger

I have so much going right now so i wouldn't have time to attend meet up groups. I was just hoping this would be faster to save some time.

Handle123 likes this.
  8. nkhoi

nkhoi

9. 10_bagger

10_bagger

Handle123 likes this.
  10. i used to live in seattle, went to pullman, frequented places like capitol hill, renton, tukwila, tacoma, lynnwood, bellevue you name it. In bay area now, hit me up. 41 year software quality engineer.

#10     Apr 29, 2019
    10_bagger likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.