Looking for a Trading Partner or Prop Firm for trading capital, offering 5% daily

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by traderum, Nov 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. You would probably be a lot better off looking for an investor in Germany. I wouldn't count on someone from the other side of the world in New York or Chicago just giving you a half million dollar account to play with based on demo results.

I'd strongly suggest that you look locally and try and find a firm or investor that you could build up some kind of repore with by trading small size and showing real results. I think you will find that people are unwilling to invest money for a track record based on a demo.

I'm not doubting that your program works, just simply stating what I think your best shot of getting the funds you want are.

#71     Dec 6, 2009
  2. NKNY

NKNY

Are you saying that your Demo account is sending orders to the exchange and to the market makers... Are you saying that the market makers are playing Imaginary trading with you, that your Imaginary trades are having an impact on the Real bid/ask...?

I hope that is not what you're saying...

Nick

#72     Dec 6, 2009
  3. IF that's truly what the OP is saying...I would say the dollars he will get from an "investor" will be just as real as his impact on REAL prices via the IB Demo :p

#73     Dec 6, 2009
  4. zdreg

zdreg

why are u trying to raise money?

#74     Dec 7, 2009
  5. autocore

autocore

Demo Trading does not give you an impression about the interaction in the market. You will fool yourself because demo will show you fills that in reality would never exist
    For that reason such a "track Record" does not mean anything.

Try to contact baader bank near munich. They have TWS . So if they would like to fund you you could just plug your program with their infrastructure. It is obviously hopeless but you could give it a try there.

#75     Dec 7, 2009
  6. Rohok

Rohok

Is this Bernie Maddoff?

#76     Dec 7, 2009
  7. I don't know. I think the IB Demo is connected to the network of the Market Maker education school or so.
    Somehow it looks very realistic, but I'm no more sure about
    how the IB demo internally really works. As said it looks very realistic.

If you want to test it yourself you can find TWS here,
    there are versions for Win, Mac, and Linux. I'm using the Linux version.
    It's a Java application:
    http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/p.php?f=tws

tab Software/Standalone Downloads/...

#77     Dec 7, 2009
  8. That's an understatement.

#78     Dec 8, 2009
  9. Funniest thing i seen on ET in 2009. I assume this is almost like clown school, but for market makers.

#79     Dec 8, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.