Looking For A Trading Computer?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Scataphagos, Dec 18, 2019.

1. traider

traider

What is off lease? Do these guys deliver outside America?

#41     Dec 19, 2019
  2. lovethetrade

lovethetrade Guest

For trading, I prefer a workstation-grade laptop + docking station + additional monitor. Low power consumption and portable if you need it.

Off-lease means the machines were previously used by a company that had a lease agreement with a finance company that purchased the assets from a PC manufacturer such as Dell, Lenovo, HP etc.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2019
    #42     Dec 19, 2019
  3. Outside America? Doubt it but you can check with them.

#43     Dec 19, 2019
  4. A trading computer need not be "fast" nor have "super low latency". High performance computers are mostly necessary for gaming. Not so for trading computers.

#44     Dec 19, 2019
    Overnight likes this.
  5. or as elite traders we could all have a back up at the ready and not have to rely on a company to bring one to us but then again you get the latest and greatest but it would not have your platforms and setups unlike a back up computer.

#45     Dec 19, 2019
  6. You've outed yourself as a fool. ON IGNORE!!

#46     Dec 19, 2019
  7. What to consider when buying desktop computers. Do you trade in and out of the markets daily, then flat at days end? Is it dedicated to trading only? Will it be running 24x6 with automated strategies?

Do you need more than 4 cores for running optimizations on 4 years of tick data. Trust me you will need as many cores as you can afford. I have quite a few cores and some optimizations take well over 5 hours.

It all really depends on how you will be using the machine.

xeon.jpg

#47     Dec 19, 2019
  8. Yes, but some of us are from a IT / Software background. If your options spreadsheet gets corrupted, I am sure you wouldn't even dream of having a third party fix it. Same with some of us. We can't really think why we need someone else to swap out ram / hdd / busted power supply etc. A trip to Microcenter or Fry's and all is well

#48     Dec 19, 2019
  9. Traders should have backup... both software and hardware. If your system breaks down on your end and you can't have it back up in short order, it's YOUR fault. "Shit happens." You know that. Be prepared for it!

#49     Dec 19, 2019
  10. IAlwaysWin

IAlwaysWin

#50     Dec 19, 2019
    destriero likes this.