Looking for a trading buddy - low float, momentum plays, long/short

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by Syzlex, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Syzlex

Syzlex

Looking for someone to chat with either via email or skype (or whatever convenient platform) to bounce ideas, review each other's trades, and give each other feedback.

Ideally someone ahead of me and who trades similar stocks to me. But post below if you have an interest.

I usually trade stocks under $5.00, I've been trading since April last year, almost one year!

I only go long as my account is tiny, like $500 at the start. I'd love to get into short but right now I focus on my strategy pre-market, dip buying, and waiting for stocks with strong catalyst. I don't use any indicators and have VWAP up and that's it. Support and resistance, look at the daily chart, float, catalyst, filings.

That's pretty much me.

I primarily trade from 8:45am - 11:30am EST (It's night where I am). Sometimes I jump into trades pre-market. But I am rarely on after 11:30am EST

Looking for someone who
    • Is consistently profitable
    • Trades low float stocks
    • Been trading over 2+ years
    • Involved in an active community (like investors underground, or another chatroom)
    • Trades similarly yet differently than me
    • Open to talk on a daily basis about each other's performance and hold each other accountable
    • Someone who journals their trades
    • Someone who is serious about constant improvement and study
    • Always sticks to stop losses
    Cheers,
    Looking forward to chatting soon.

Titan_Securities likes this.
  2. Why would someone wanna trade with you if they're profittable? I am profittable and I don't need to trade with anyone. This is a lonesome business.

3. You don't think it sounds fun for a profitable trader who spends 12 hours plus studying sub $10 stocks to help someone out who is going to contribute two hours of their time?

4. dozu888

dozu888

this is a lonely sport... forget buddies.

5. Fx-Game

Fx-Game

Apply at turtle trading....

Ups, you are too late ;
    like 30 years...

6. MrMuppet

MrMuppet

@Syzlex: I understand your motivation, don't let this bonobo papertraders discourage you. IMO you'll have better chances if you look out for people on twitter.

Perhaps you can find somebody with a similar trading style and background to co - work and bounce ideas there. Or you write to some people who are in the industry for longer like mike bellafiore and ask if they know someone in your area with a similar approach.

Unfortunalely I cannot help you out, I'm in a different market with a different approach.

Syzlex likes this.
  7. Turveyd

Turveyd

Buddy only good, if buddy trades exactly the same as you, if not, they'll put doubt into your head, even newbies I'd trained, refuse to trade the same because they think they can do better and end up screwing yourself up in the process.

Trade Index's here these days, easier, I have trade $500 account and stocks 20years back mind, so been there.

8. Syzlex

Syzlex

worth the shot :D

9. Check out the chat rooms on TD/ToS, or Benzinga Pro, or similar services. Not exactly what you're looking for, but a good way to shoot the breeze during downtimes. Might keep you from jumping into boredom-driven trades.

10. Interesting.

#10     Apr 18, 2020