Looking for a trader

Discussion in 'Trading' started by putergeekalb, Jul 8, 2009.

1. NKNY

NKNY

OK, the thread originator and they guy with the system that it "strong" both have accounts set up in July.

I'm not saying I smell spam coming soon about how great this guys system is, I'm just saying, its funny...

Can anyone check their ip's....

Nick

#31     Jul 13, 2009
  2. I'd be curious to know what happened to him. Where did you hear he abandoned his website? Did any traders ever get funded or talk about their experiences?

#32     Jul 13, 2009
  3. "strong as in "I avoided answering the specifics of your question because it is probably true? I will repeat it for you:

1,000s of people have "systems". But truly successful systems usually either do not scale up to that size, or more likely,do not exist in the first place. As others said, if it were really "successful" why do you need to involve others?

Is it only a few weeks to months old? Is it your system based on various backtests? Do you have a couple of years worth of audits or broker statements to prove it?

What are its system stats? Sharpe? profit Factor? Max DD? Do you deduct reasonable slippage, commissions, risk and other things? Is this successful mostly on "paper?"

This is what users of such "systems" are going to find out the hard way.

#33     Jul 13, 2009
  4. Topper

Topper

LOL... Do you really think I owe you something? Don't you have the Jones' to keep up with?

#34     Jul 13, 2009
  5. lindq

lindq

I entered his site (Doug Allen) under a different identity. I HATE spammers and thieves and was hoping to catch him in some clearly fraudulent activity that I could report.

But last I checked he hadn't posted or been seen in months. I suspect he initially came here thinking there was a number of easy marks (which there are), but then got hit with a lot of criticism and decided the risk wasn't worth whatever he was trying to accomplish.

The best value of this site is in every member strongly voicing suspicion of any claims made by anyone who is asking for membership, support, money, etc. etc.

#35     Jul 13, 2009
  6. Alex and his drunk temper tantrum's add the most value to this site.

#36     Jul 13, 2009
  7. Your avoidance of the issue makes it quite clear that you stand within the continuum of dreamers, paper traders, alternate-world backtesters, those who avoid auditing, or those with a nice equity curve built on the backs of hidden bad stats (Profit Factor, Sharpe, Max Drawdown, etc.)

It is doubtful that the few people who actually know how to trade would be afraid of others challenging unsupported claims. In addition to the fact that most people who know how to trade would be unlikely to respond as others have already said. Your evasiveness is enough testimony towards your "system."

To the OP, you would be WELL advised to avoid this person.

#37     Jul 13, 2009
  8. Try investing at a hedge fund or get involved in a venture trading opportunity. You can always mess around with day trading US equities a much smaller amount for kicks, cause obviously you ain't doing for profit.

No trader worth a damn would bother for a 50% split. Waste of their time. If a trader has a proven strategy that needs to be scaled up, the prop firm is where he will get his needs met. Firms like Bright cater to such traders, and they provide 100% of the profits.

Your post & story is either BS or a waste of time. Your applicants will consist of traders with failed or unproven systems. If your goal is to incubate and grow unproven systems into proven ones, then it makes sense. But that is an inferior way of utilizing your supposed large capital.

#38     Jul 13, 2009
  9. If the op decides to do this I will jump aboard. PM me.

Some people are capable of diversifying through multiple accounts..

TT

#39     Jul 16, 2009
  10. Traderzone is going to bury you, you added your website to your post! :eek:

#40     Aug 26, 2009