Looking for a trader

Discussion in 'Trading' started by putergeekalb, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

Because watching the screen all day is WAY MORE fun than drinking margaritas on the beach.... :cool:

#21     Jul 12, 2009
  2. edbar

edbar

Totally Agree!

The problem is, even if he did find someone to trade his account successfully (not likely), the trader would only stick around long enough to build his own bankroll, then he will go off on his own. Then he is back to square one - still doesn't know how to do it on his own.

I've traded in multiple prop houses and agree, sitting in front of a computer all day is DEAD. My ATS systems trade 100% unattended.
    But even if he wanted to run an ATS, he still has to learn things. He can't just push it onto others. That is what millions of people do with Mutual Funds. They don't want to learn to do it themselves, instead they depend on others, and look where it got them last year - Down 40% to 60%.

Ed

#22     Jul 12, 2009

3. Why does anyone with a successful ES system need your money or anybody's money for that matter?

Even at 4 pts a day a $5000 account will generate more than enough profits for the individual trader without a partner. At 20 contracts that's a million a year.

If you can't commit $5k to trading on your own you've got a problem.

#23     Jul 12, 2009
  4. What kind of systems they are, trend-following or else, time-frame, style, approach, etc.?

Are they repairable by adding some important components/ sub-systems?

Are they usable (tested) for other products such as futures, options, or currencies, ETFs, etc. besides stocks (Why use $50 millions trading power to trade just stocks only?) ?

#24     Jul 12, 2009
  5. 1,000s of people have "systems". But truly successful systems usually either do not scale up to that size, or more likely,do not exist in the first place. As others said, if it were really "successful" why do you need to involve others?

Is it only a few weeks to months old? Is it your system based on various backtests? Do you have a couple of years worth of audits or broker statements to prove it?

What are its system stats? Sharpe? profit Factor? Max DD? Do you deduct reasonable slippage, commissions, risk and other things? Is this successful mostly on "paper?"

This is what users of such "systems" are going to find out the hard way.

#25     Jul 12, 2009
  6. Doug Allen syndrome.

#26     Jul 12, 2009
  7. Topper

Topper

I am quite confident that I will be able to dig him out of the rut he is in. My system is strong.

#27     Jul 12, 2009
  8. opt789

opt789

[​IMG]
    my kung fu is strong

#28     Jul 12, 2009
  9. lindq

lindq

LOL! Now that guy was a piece of work!

The saddest testimony was the number of people he sucked into his website, to which he never returned.

No, there isn't a sucker born every minute. There are ten thousand.

#29     Jul 12, 2009
  10. Putergeekalb

I have a solid approach trading equites, but am a little undercapitalized to justify spending my time trading it. I would have to sign an agreement with you, and the money must be in my account. Overnight positons are a must with no more than 2:1 leverage to prevent drastic drawdown which is about 2% with no leverage. If you can provide me with at least 500K in buying power (250K account) it may be worth commiting my time. My approach may produce 15-20% per year which is about 80-100K in profits leaving us both with a net of over 35K after taxes which sucks, but works for me since I have an easy second job working PM's. PM me if you are interested.

#30     Jul 13, 2009