Looking for a tool to automate custom equity pair trade

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by alphahunter, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Hello all,

I am new here- and have been looking through the forums trying to find a solution to automate a specific way of equity pair trading. I am currently trading on IB TWS by hand; I am not a programmer, nor do I have the time to learn how to code currently.

Ultimately I am looking for a way to automate a pair trade of equities: hypothetically say XOM @ 67 vs COP @ 63 by defining a ratio (i.e. 67/63) and then apply that value onto of COP to 'quote' XOM, and automatically hedge with COP (but it must be in a manner that is specified by my ratio and not some other pricing strategy). Is there an existing tool or idea to implement this (it seems quite simple, and I can't spend all day manually trading these circumstances). It sort of seems like TT auto-spreader tool, but I believe that is only for futures? [please correct me if I am wrong], also I would ideally like to stick with IB if possible.

Thanks!

2. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

3. Thanks Robert, I actually requested a demo version of this software on the site an hour or so ago, unfortunately I have a few complications to changing brokers, so that may create an issue. Is there software sold or leased that offers this as well, or does it require moving brokerages?

I'll probably still check it out over the next days while I have some free time.

4. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

I sent you a Private Message.