Looking for a successful trader

Discussion in 'Trading' started by sappjason, Mar 19, 2010.

1. NoDoji

NoDoji

Damn it, Arthur, you promised not to reveal my trading "edge"!

#11     Mar 19, 2010
  2. While we await an intelligent answer, let me offer this. I tend to enter and exit when few other people are trading. If I traded as few as 20 contracts I would be a blip on T&S at those times. And low volume is the best time to trade. And don't imagine for a second that if you attract attention with big consistent profits you won't be piggybacked, or worse, frustrated. Look at what typically happens after big prints in the "right" direction.

#12     Mar 19, 2010
  3. sulemanf

sulemanf

Just for clarification: You started with $0 on 4/2008 and in 3/2010 you have ~$131K! Right?

From $0 to $131K?

#13     Mar 19, 2010
  4. NoDoji, so sorry. I thought everybody knew. I mean, all you have to do is look at any chart at the end of the day. Any fool can see. Perfectably oblivious.

#14     Mar 19, 2010
  5. No. I had about $30K in the beginning of 2008. As my confidence grew, I added money up through the beginning of 2009. My initial stake has now grown from $30K to $133K.

Jason

#15     Mar 19, 2010
  6. Jason you being a noob when it comes to real trading wouldn't know this so I will tell you.

Those out there with real edge to their name, read you like a very simple book.

Your results are either completely false or heavily embellished

You are looking for my edge because you don't have yours, and you tried everything you can think of and don't know where to turn to now.

Your payout for my edge is BEYOND ridiculous.

People who will PM you are just like you without a real edge, endless spinning in circle.

Do you really believe someone smart enough to develop robust edge is going to fall for your thread. Get a grip jason.

#16     Mar 19, 2010
  7. Really, McCoy? You are just being paranoid! I am sure that Jason is totally sincere. and BTW, everybody who survives as a trader knows that the term "robust edge" is an oxymoron. Every edge is marginal. And often nonsensical or of dubious market logic. Everything conceivable works about half the time. It has to. If it worked more often, you would take all the money and shut down the markets. If it worked less often, you could fade it with similar results. So profitable traders are tiny mammals dashing daintily between the feet of clumsily dancing dinosaurs.

#17     Mar 19, 2010
  8. Yes and no.

There are strategies out there that do present a small, yet scalable edge while being employed by many hedge funds. Convert arb, S&P/Dow/Russell additions & subtractions, pair trading, correlation/relative value versus a tradable index futures or options. These are not secrets and they can be profitable but these are tired edges. If you like to code, I suggest researching those, but don't expect a holy grail

Frankly, these are not that different from yours, as a breakout system is nothing new or special. Chances are that patterns will change and your system will stop working soon. It has to be constantly modified & updated.

The real lucrative edges require out of the box thinking and often involve instruments that are not stocks or widely traded futures. But that is a different discussion.

#18     Mar 19, 2010
  9. sulemanf

sulemanf

You know I've heard this too "No REAL trader is going to help you let alone ACKNOWLEDGE your results"... Then why these forums??? If no one is willing to share a working system.
    I know...I know...that's a newbie mistake...So be it!

I too looked at the graph and it seems "optimistic", but he's willing to share his records.

Right Jason?!

#19     Mar 19, 2010
  10. sulemanf

sulemanf

I like this: "So profitable traders are tiny mammals dashing daintily between the feet of clumsily dancing dinosaurs."

Mind if I use it? :D

#20     Mar 19, 2010