Looking for a software to monitor protfolio

Discussion in 'Options' started by seotrader, Feb 11, 2010.

1. I completely agree that you are able to get your cost basis when you first place the trade. However, the reason why I created the program is that after I short my first call or add a protective put on, my cost basis changes.

For example, I do a lot of put calendars, call calendars, collars, covered calls. With any of these examples I short a call or a put month after month and I want to be able to keep track of my cost basis on the trade. I have the ability to add as many legs as you want to the trade and it will give you the cost basis, max return on risk/reward, current profit loss (with and without commission). I also have the ability to see a profit loss graph, profit loss reports, multiple accounts, and tons of other things. I am going to be adding the ability to import any of your position from the brokers, and the ability to trade through my program.

I also have the ability to add as many legs as you want to the trade and it will update my current position.

These type of programs are not made for everyone, but some people need this. I had been looking for a program that could handle this plus the ability to manage all your clients in one place. I found some of the really expensive programs did it, but I did not like the user interface, and I was not willing to spend that much on something I did not like all the way.

I am hoping that people will like the program and I can keep growing the features of the program based on what they need and want.

#11     Feb 15, 2010

2. Personally, I think you have created something that a lot of professionals can use! For the novice, and a few advanced traders, this is wayy over our heads. BUt, I really do think you can have a lot of versatility with this and I am glad you did it.In the near future, I will have a use for it when I begin trading like that!

#12     Feb 15, 2010