Looking For a Prop Trading Firm

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by EQTRADER, May 10, 2002.

1. I understand we probably have compltely different styles, but I easily gross well over 1K a day just scalping. On average 1 out 5 days I end up negative NET......but I haven't had a negative gross day in months. It really is not HARD at all.

#41     May 16, 2002
  2. What stocks do you trade and how big do you go?

#42     May 16, 2002
  3. IBM MU TXN TYC, and what ever is in the news 2000 a side

#43     May 16, 2002
  4. EQTRADER

EQTRADER

Good for you, where do you work?

#44     May 16, 2002
  5. ECHO

#45     May 16, 2002
  6. axehawk

axehawk

Stock mergers, I believe.

#46     May 16, 2002
  7. Gotta agree with sd on that one.. But forget these Gross numbers, if you trade for a living, Gross #s don't mean jack!
    These traders that are "gross positive, net negative", what the hell are they living on?

#47     May 16, 2002
  8. Believe it or not, some prop firms actually pay out a small percentage of gross P&L, even if your net is negative. That's because they feel a little guilty for raping you with high commissions. This makes them feel generous in giving back a little of the profits you made for the firm in tickets, so you'll continue making money for them. Go figure...

#48     May 16, 2002
  9. cashonly

cashonly Bright Trading, LLC

Reminds me of that Little Rascals show where they had a cart hooked up to a donkey. When they wanted to go forward, they had a carrot on a string at the end of the stick held out in front of the donkey and the donkey would walk forward to try to reach it. When they wanted to stop, they hid the carrot.

"Well, you had a net loss, but you've made us a lot of money, so we'll give you some back so that you'll keep trading and making us more money".

#49     May 16, 2002
  10. EQTRADER

EQTRADER

Shoney pays ouy 20% of the traders Gross

#50     May 18, 2002