Looking for a Prop Firm

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by DayTrader10, Jan 10, 2012.

1. looks like a group for international traders similar to nevis trading (nevistrading.com) for non-us traders. As far as I know, the US BDs are only allowed to accept US customers and sites like nevis and tm are usually the overseas entities for overseas traders.

"Nevis Trading Group LLC is an offshore hedge fund for remote international traders."

#11     Jan 12, 2012
  2. Long time lurker first time poster... Just did a google search on firm I am with and wanted to jump in.

I trade with TM Global, I spoke to a director in Montreal (who used to work for wts when i traded there) who answered my emails very quickly even if it was at night which is always a bonus and was very knowledgeable about trading and gave me the standard .004-.005 deal depending on volume for the month and 99% payout. Nothing spectacular but at the same time I do 300-400k a month and I know they can lower rate for higher volume so if my trading improves I will stick around and they will lower accordingly. I don't think I will find a better deal anywhere else, but will find identical or close to. Support is quick to answer my emails and helpful about answering questions about routes. They also a include a free 1:1 training session but I like to keep my own style so I don't think I will take it. All in all, I am happy with the firm and would recommend it.

#12     Jan 25, 2012

3. Can someone find Broad Street's balance sheet online on SEC.gov. I tried various versions of the name. BSTG, used ST instead of Street, tried one word name, two word name. I can't find it at all.

If it isn't on there, it isn't a bd. They hold themselves out as a BD, so it would be pretty bad if they weren't, so I suspect they are just doing business as Broad Street and have an actual different name for their entity. Does anyone know it so we can check out their financials (and verify they are actually a BD)?

#13     Jan 25, 2012
  4. Hey I am still in the process of choosing a firm, with broadstreet being an option. If I go with them I will call them for this info and post it.

#14     Jan 29, 2012
  5. DuyLe

DuyLe

I am looking into a prop firm as well. What do you think of those expensive packages they offer? Is it worth it? Some of them range from $1,000 to $5,000. Which Prop Firm has a good one?

#15     Feb 3, 2012
  6. I'm not sure if the CBSX firms are published on SEC site. they should be though.

#16     Feb 4, 2012
  7. Are you referring to the educational courses or whatever? I don't plan on going through with one of those. I hear most of those don't give you a bang for your buck. Education wise, I think I remember Capital Traders Group offered the most extensive stuff.

Back to the OP:

Anyone have any experience on CY Group, Broadstreet, or Lakestreet?

#17     Feb 4, 2012
  8. rmorse

rmorse Sponsor

9. Nice link Robert. I know you have posted this before but very good to actually see the financial statements of firms you are about to or have accounts with (even if i cant completely understand the bottom lines).

-gariki

#19     Feb 4, 2012
  10. WS_MJH

WS_MJH

To the guys thinking about prop, a few things:

(1) you're most likely not going to get better technology going with the prop firms you're talking about. Laser, Sterling, Lightspeed et al are not all that great. In many cases, you're going to get inferior technology than what you could get yourself. The only time you're going to get better tech is through a traditional prop firm.

(2) Your capital is going to be locked up; you want some flexibility.

(3) The main thing you're going to get out of prop is somewhat lower commissions and more leverage. How much does this mean to you? Training may help, but there'll still be a learning curve thereafter and no guarantees of success

In short, don't think prop is a panacea or can give you an edge in and of itself.

#20     Feb 4, 2012