Looking for a prop firm with...

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by jugiproject, Oct 6, 2006.

1. www.stocktrading.com/TradingPlan2005.htm

(I can share last year's basic sample trading plan)...

And, I noticed that you didn't detail any strategies...pairs, opening only, Mergers, market making...etc? "Buy and hope" is not a strategy, LOL. And, BTW, all the books in the world won't be of much help (to be frightfully honest)....even after live training in a successful group it takes a while to achieve a "comfort level" to trade without supervision (there are obviously exceptions, of course).

FWIW, "simulated" trading is usually a waste of time since you don't affect the market with your trades, and you haven't shown that you can "pull the trigger" at the proper time.
    All the best,

Don

#41     Oct 13, 2006
  2. Don,
    My goal was not to detail a specific strategy.

"Buy and hope" what is that ? where did I mention it ?

And regarding reading books, where did I say that only reading books will make you successful ?

what about reading my post again :)

#42     Oct 13, 2006
  3. Don't get me wrong, I'm not being critical. You did say (6.5 trading, 1.5 reading books or other resources, not "only" but no big deal.

I didn't mean to infer that you were "buying and hoping" - my reference was just general in nature (heck, "sell and hope" is my preference most of the time, LOL).

One of the "trading firms" example of teaching traders is something like this: First week try to make $100 gross, Second week try to make $100 net, etc. etc. without giving any strategies or techniques...not much help...that's the only point I was making.

Developing a plan is essential, and I applaud you for starting that way, I'm just trying to offer some help.

All the best,

Don

#43     Oct 13, 2006
  4. Don,
    I am sure we are on the same page here but I want to point out that my post is not a trading plan, its a training plan. Huge difference here.

It doesn't detail what is the trading strategy to be taught, it just outlines how a trader should be taught how to trade, so it can be used with any day trading strategy.

#44     Oct 13, 2006
  5. Please private message me with response.

I am looking for a firm in Chicago where I can:

1. Work out of the office and remotely. No or low desk fee.
    2. Trade equities, options too if allowable.
    3. Cap. deposit around 10K.
    4. Commissions .05 share or <.
    5. Bi monthly withdrawals.
    6. Buying power of at least 30x or more. 2x or more overnight.
    7. Decent reliable software.
    8. Payout 95% +.
    9. Decent coffee.

Will trade +25K shares daily.
    I've been a broker for several years and am licensed with the 7. I've traded prop before and have my own strategies.

Am I asking too much?

Rergards,
    Steve

#45     Oct 15, 2006
  6. I can understand Don's point of view about the training to a certain extent and it especially makes sense from his side of the business. Spoke with Don today when I inquired about his firm and he seemed like a nice guy even he though he brow beat me a little about the importance of the Las Vegas training; Im of the opinion that some basic training for complete newbies is an absolute must and will in all likely-hood increase trader longevity for most newbies (if not all)

This longevity will in turn increase the the number of trades i.e. commissions for the prop firm before the deposit either runs out or the trader is off and running, in the black and never turning back....which would of course be the best case scenario for the prop firm.

However, I think a trader who clearly states that hes comfortable with his own strategy and techniques and is willing to risk his own capital to continue using them should be allowed to go forgo any training unless the agenda of the firm is to train the trader for a percentage of profits based on their techniques in addition to commissions but that does not seem to be the agenda at Bright since they pay out 100%.

#46     Oct 28, 2006
  7. We have never stopped anyone from executing a strategy (a legal strategy), but we do our best to protect our traders from themselves at times. Training is not at all mandatory, but hightly recommended...why not see how the top traders are making money? What could it hurt? Add more $$ to your profits hopefully.

Don

#47     Oct 28, 2006