Looking for a Program That Can Scan Markets Based on Parameters Set

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by brownsfan019, Aug 13, 2008.

1. NinjaTrader_Ray

NinjaTrader_Ray ET Sponsor

#11     Aug 13, 2008
  2. mokwit

mokwit

3. #13     Aug 13, 2008
  4. #14     Aug 14, 2008
  5. I use them too but their backtesting doesn't work right. It does not look intrabar. So you could hit the exit price before you hit your entry price and the system would say that is a winner.

John

#15     Aug 14, 2008
  6. You just proved my point. Just eye candy for newbies. Nothing of substance for a pro.

#16     Aug 14, 2008
  7. mokwit

mokwit

Non institutional pricing. Around 1000 stocks limit for some due to inherent or data feed restrictions. Server side e.g IB, Tradeideas use less resources, Worden apparently uses little bandwidth.

Configureable
    Radarscreen (XL?)
    Neoticker
    Worden Block with Tick Server (7093 stocks i.e. all listed)
    Smart/Open Quant ?

Limited/no onfigurability
    Tradeideas (all OTC + Listed)
    Equityfeed (all OTC + NASDAQ)
    Tymora
    Interactive Brokers Scanner (all stocks ex Pink Sheets, XL?)
    Quotetracker
    Metastock Quotecenter/Reuters Bridgestation (XL)

#17     Aug 14, 2008
  8. I would not want to even try and compete with a great pro as yourself who knows so much. My point was simple. You said the software was only web based. I have been using it as an application oh for about 2 years or so. Tracks the whole market, and is completely customizable if you actually know how to set the parameters. It's just bad info when people who really don't know about the software give advice that is completely not accurate. Same with your comment about only canned data. I can customize virually anything I want, from volatility, to VWAP, spread. If you want to help someone out you could actually do the research.

There are real trade offs. You can write your own scripts in TradeStation and Esignal and some others. But then you have to write your own scripts. That takes time to write and time to adjust. Time that I would rather spend trading...personally. TI has its limitations in that you do have to work in the confines that are given but anyone with an idoa of sense soon realizes that the choices of filters and your ability to configure them is more than ample power. Plus add the fact that you can take what you make and actaully backtest it against real-time data. Since I trade full time and have been since my moniker namesake I would consider myself at least as much a pro as anyone. Bottom line is about cost benefit. For the money this offer is hard to beat.

#18     Aug 14, 2008
  9. Use Amibroker. First of all, any edition is a one time payment (but if you know where to look, you can get the full versions for free...). If you want to use Amibroker as your main scanner for trading, you should be subscribing to a real time provider. Of course, you can download the database and back test your ideas, but if you use Amibroker everyday, you're going to have to update quotes each day which takes a really long time. That's what I do! I typically update the scans I got from a few days ago and I'm thinking of making my own watchlist to scan. I would just go with a real time provider if you have the money.

#19     Aug 14, 2008
  10. Dustin

Dustin

LOL anyone who feels they need more than what TI provides isn't much of a trader imo. Been using it for years and couldn't be happier with it.

#20     Aug 14, 2008