Looking for a profitable SP 500 E-mini system

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by stevenxcel, Apr 20, 2009.

1. Surdo

Surdo

Change of heart?

#21     Apr 27, 2009
  2. wilder's volatility, anyway to the op. No one has any idea what you are talking about. If you are looking to buy a system to trade as an atm machine good luck. There are some things out there that work and there are many professional traders making a living. Look at all the strategy threads, and know your platform; no one knows the future which levels an otherwise very unfair game for the small fish. Learn to backtest an idea, don't spend a lot of money paying for an unproven system. Spend the money on a decent trading setup, and learn what mechanical systems can and can not do for you.

#22     Apr 27, 2009
  3. Arnie

Arnie

I would add to this....."take what the market will give you"

#23     Apr 27, 2009
  4. Thank You to everyone for the advice and support. Good Trading to all!:)

#24     Apr 28, 2009
  5. Something i did years ago to get my bearings: get a few copies of Futures Truth and see how commercial systems perform: profit, drawdown etc. Study those numbers as they will give a pretty good indication of what to expect best case for the first few years. After that, you're hopefully better.

#25     Apr 28, 2009
  6. Pekelo

Pekelo

I didn't see any offer in this post. It is like saying: I am looking for next week's lottery numbers.

#26     Apr 28, 2009
  7. Well I have one I can offer. What is it in for me though ?

#27     Apr 28, 2009
  8. Start by practicing scalping intraday on daily scale systems. 2 years minimum, or check out collective2, and don't leave out ETF systems. Focusing on the ES might be a mistake, since there's also ND, NQ, S&P mid, and a couple others. ES is perfectly priced always, and NQ has some inefficiencies.

I'm not saying this is what you're looking for, but stop to consider what a real trader's equity curve looks like when you do become a succesful trader.

www.collective2.com/go/pairsqidqld

If you want to build your own system, every single shell program ever conceived of in the last ten years is at wl4.wealth-lab.com . Your only chance of writting a succesful system that works for you is contained on that site. It's not that they're good systems by themselves, but they make great "starting points" for both careers and systems if that's the route you want to go.

#28     Apr 28, 2009
  9. Pekelo

Pekelo

That's what I was refering to. The OP forgot to make an offer... Every deal has 2 sides...

#29     Apr 28, 2009
  10. Precisely...

#30     Apr 29, 2009