Looking for a portfolio building software for clients

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Chris0854, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Im Looking to find a software that I can use to create models and graphs to present to clients explaining their investments depending on their goals. Also that gives asset allocation recommendations. My BD doesnt currently use anything. Whats out there that I can use that doesnt break the bank either?

Thanks

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
  2. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

Agggh! Your BD isn't your best friend in this regard?
    They should be -- I'd ask them if anything is in development -- even with some bumps, the fact that it'd be integrated would help you *bunches* down the line.

Second choice? Quit 'em. IB has some great looking tools for FAs.

Third choice? Libre'/OpenOffice -- free, each part speaks to the others easily, is relatively stable, and is *very* format-friendly as far as Plays-Well-With-Others.... As an IB customer, I can scrape (to .csv) whatever I need from TWS, and then wiggle and waggle it in OO, and have all the patterns left behind to use next week/month/quarter.... OR for tax time.

Be aware, though: these things are time SPONGES, and in no time, your production time with wither. Start looking for an AA -- make 'em a Notary and a Series 65, and let 'em sign papers, too. Phew!

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
    Chris0854 likes this.
  3. ajacobson

ajacobson

Chris0854 likes this.
  4. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

Chris0854 and ajacobson like this.
  5. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

I have a call with these guys tomorrow because I get that question a lot.

Hedge Fund Tear Sheet Design-Gate 39 Media.
    https://www.gate39media.com/solutions/tear-sheet-design/

Chris0854 likes this.
  6. drm7

drm7

Read this article by uber-Financial Planner Michael Kitces. He reviews software across the spectrum. A lot of it will be overkill, but this article is a great starting point.

https://www.kitces.com/blog/best-fi...ws-financial-advisors-guide-on-how-to-choose/

P.S. Moneyguide Pro is considered to be the top "goals based" software platform.
    P.P.S. Your B-D can probably get almost any of these at a discounted rate.

Chris0854 likes this.