Looking for a partnership for AI algo.

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by robthequant, Oct 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark, that's because you personally do not know me. I read your paper on Creating a Mechanical Trading Model and I find it laughable. "If this then do that"? switches?? Moving averages and daily close prices? If it was 1980 I'd be impressed and that could actually work. But it's 2018 and the markets are super noisy. You could take a look at reinforcement learning.... But yeah, nice to meet you, thanks for your comment.

#21     Oct 3, 2018
    digitalnomad likes this.
  2. Check out Hehmeyer. They do prop deals and are in the crypto business now.

#22     Oct 3, 2018
    robthequant likes this.
  3. Not without knowing the sample size. At 10 trades laughable, but 10,000, and profitable deserves full attention.

#23     Oct 3, 2018
  4. If you can make this kind of money what are you doing here? I would keep quiet and enjoy my wealth.

#24     Oct 4, 2018
    antuirno, MarkBrown and gkishot like this.
  5. rb7

rb7

Is this paper trading results, or backtest?

#25     Oct 4, 2018
    MarkBrown likes this.
  6. Live test with real account. 1277 traders at this moment, 3 days running.
    [​IMG]

#26     Oct 4, 2018
  7. gkishot

gkishot

Your system is long only, right? But the equity curve rises even during the stretches of falling prices. Any explanation?

#27     Oct 4, 2018
    MarkBrown likes this.
  8. Yea, it`s 2018 and the if/then still applies.Ever will.

#28     Oct 4, 2018
  9. rb7

rb7

Ok, then why do you need to partner with an HFT/MM is you are already making real money?
    And why trading BTC if you can't go short?

#29     Oct 4, 2018
    MarkBrown likes this.
  10. Yeah I can make limited money, because I'm very limited by my access to markets. If my technology is applied on a pro level with the right access, I there's a huge potential. I just need to find a person who can see this, but I'm thinking this forum is not right for what I'm looking for.

I can go short, however there's an interest the broker charges. They say it's per day, BUT they actually charge it per trade! So if I do 1 trade that last 10 seconds, I'm hit with the FULL daily interest rate for that trade. Since I'm collecting about $1 per trade, shorts are not profitable. I would need to borrow bitcoins and pay daily interest rate per day, not per trade. That's not possible with the exchange I'm using.

That's because the system does very quick trades when the price is rising in the downtrend.

if / then statements, rules created by humans are very limited. Trading volume by bots is rising and more and more noise and randomness is introduced. Hedge funds are closing down because they can't extract alpha any more. Only those who are thinking outside of the "moving average/if then rules" will survive.

While you as a human can back-test and evaluate about 2-5 rules per day, my technology evaluates millions of "rules" per hour on a 96 CPU machine and can genetically evolve simple brain structures with neurons and synapses.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
    #30     Oct 4, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.