looking for a partner

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by polestar, Jun 19, 2006.

1. polestar

polestar

?

You dont like my response to surfer?

I say room for drawdown only because of the PDT rule. If I have options positions, and trading equities, it is only sensible to not be under capitalized.

#11     Jun 19, 2006
  2. Hmmm...

I've been a freelance system developer for a while so...

hmmm...OK, first thing's first...

I'm really not interested about the method, as of yet. But one key aspect is, what made you think or conclude that your method, you stumbled upon is "very" profitable.

From what you have mentioned so far, you won't be able to sell anything to anyone.

#12     Jun 19, 2006
  3. polestar

polestar

well, its the low risk to reward of 1/4 and its the high win to loss ratio.

while backtesting with a software like tradestation would be optimal for showing performance stats, it is not possible with chart patterns.

so, I used the computer in my head to backtest manually by looking at the possible setups, hundreds of them, over the past 10 years, and counting the wins (hit target) and the losses (hit stop).

I should not have used the word "profitable", however if it had been backtested with software, I'm sure there would be no objection to that word.

It is not a scalping system, and so commissions would be small compared to risk/reward.

I'm sure there is plenty of criticism for me here on this, however, thats not really what I'm looking for.

I'm looking for someone who has the time to check out something that I think is very valuable. I am not looking to sell the system, but rather to partner with someone.

#13     Jun 19, 2006
  4. How do we know you are all of the above? If you are doubting other people's honesty, then you must be dishonest yourself, untrustworthy and unfair.

Go get two jobs and save your money and trade your own account instead of trying to mooch and beg money off people.

If your system is that good. Then you can be able to turn one $500.00 contract into $5 million within a short time. :cool:

#14     Jun 19, 2006
  5. polestar

polestar

what do you have to gain from attacking me?

what is so bad about me wanting a partner to do this with?

people do these kinds of deals all the time where one person comes to the table with money, and the other with something intangible.

I am not trying to beg money here, I am looking for a partner. That doesnt mean the partner gives me money to trade with.

#15     Jun 19, 2006
  6. Nobody is attacking you. We are just trying to protect innocent people from giving strangers their hard earned money which they will end up never seeing again. Nobody likes to lose money, and if somebody believes your story, then they will lose their money. They will never see their money again after they give it to you.

If your intentions were any good, then you would not ask people for money to trade your system or you would not need a partner. When you say that you are looking for a partner but you don't want money from him, then what exactly do you want from him? Sex? Your story changed. First you said you said you were looking for a partner to give you money for your sure winning system because you have no money. You said you needed $50,000.00. Now your story changes and you are looking for a partner with no money just like you. Anybody can look back at your posts.

What are you and your partner going to do together? Stare at each other? WTF!

#16     Jun 20, 2006
  7. Actually, im just an unbiased observer of this thread.....but, if you were to read every message from the beginning, I think you might find your conclusions incorrect.

What I infer from his questions is that the only thing the man is asking for is someone honest so that if and when the person with the money trades his strategy, they give him his cut of the profits.

I may be wrong in my inferences, but I am certain he has not asked anyone for any money.

Regardless, send me a pm there bud and we can chat about your strategy. I think I have an idea what it entails. Something along the lines of a hedging strategy.

#17     Jun 20, 2006
  8. polestar, this is not an attack but an advice from someone who's done what you are trying to do.

The reality of this industry is that people are very skeptical. You can't expect someone to "partner" with you without any kind of solid crudential. From my experience, what you will hear from prominent partner is, "Mr. *polestar*, that's a great idea. Why don't you get back to us once you build a track record."

Thinking in a third person perspective, would you invest a reasonable amount money to a guy who says, "Let me trade, I can make money!!!"? Would you be comfortable? Hopefully not.

Reality for you seems like you don't have any track record or have a built crudential, though there are ways to present yourself (sell yourself) in a professional matter. The important reality is you have to make the prominent partner, "think" it's valuable as much as you do.

There are few things you can do:

1. Type in all the "hypothetical" trades into an excel worksheet. And present them the data. Put some work into it, to make it look professional. Without giving out your secret, write down why your "product" is different and why it's great. (I've gone through 100s of fund prospectus to get a feel of how to write these things and make it look like my stuff is better.)

2. Like surfster in ET, start posting trades in here. Start a journal posting realtime trades. There are some capitalized traders in ET and if the performance is good, it'll be a good way to get hold of a few of them. I've done it myself.

3. Build a track record. It doesn't matter how big the money is... just build one with even a 1 lot. 6 months of this can still get you in a door.

4. Go for some remote prop. Tell them, you want to trade and open up an account. They won't know how you trade and won't care as long as you are making money.

5. Remember this is business. There is no easy money. You can't expect to raise capital easily as you may think. Present and act in a very business matter. And finally remember that, the invester doesn't have to "partner" with you, and YOU are the desperate one.

#18     Jun 20, 2006
  9. polestar

polestar

great ideas TSgann,

thank you.

Again, I am not looking for someone to give me cash to trade.

I would be open to any mixture of scenarios. eg.

To begin with, and develop trust. Provide signals, perhaps that the potential partner could ask questions about, see how it works in real time.

If that goes well.... continue to give signals for realtime trading. Partner would give me a percentage. Or pay for the signals.

If that goes well.... I would disclose full method and receive 50/50 and partner would bring a serious amount of money to trade the method.

This is one hypothetical scenario. It involves developing trust on both sides.

There could be many possibilities, and I am open to them. If you are interested, pls pm me or respond with interest and I will pm you.

#19     Jun 20, 2006
  10. Babak

Babak

there's also collective2

#20     Jun 20, 2006