Looking For A New Trading Rig? Check Out Dell Precision T5810's LOW prices

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Scataphagos, Jan 27, 2017.

1. just21

just21

They come with Nvidia nvs 310 2d graphics card for two screens.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
  2. Thanks for sharing the info. Appreciated.

3. Update...
    One particularly good deal for $729

Xeon E5-1620 v3 CPU (9700 Passmark score)
    2x 2TB HDD (Other units have different configurations... some with SSDs)
    16GB RAM
    685W PSU
    Firepro W2100 video... good for 2x, 4K monitors/TVs
    W10 Pro

Sale ends Sunday, Jan 29

FWIW...

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
  4. SteveH

SteveH

I picked up a Dell T3600 off of eBay a couple of months ago (new for $369, go figure) and got a new Winforce GTX 750Ti 4gb for it to go along with the 2 port card that came with it. Nice part about this card is that it can drive 4 monitors (has 2 HDMI, 2 DVI ports) and only pulls 60 watts. Newegg carries them for around $110.

Definitely go with the E5-1620 CPU.

5. algofy

algofy

Or get a similar machine with "boost for traders software" for $2299

Nereto likes this.
  6. This one is gone from the list, so somebody scooped up the bargain.

However the same price list is still being shown, so perhaps the sale has been extended... ??

7. just21

just21

8. Looks like the sale is still on. Could it be that these Outlet prices are going to be policy going forward? We should all hope so.

I priced out a "new" unit at Dell with the identical specs as above... Price = $1,981.

So... "New", $1,981. From Outlet, $729. Both have 3-yr on-site, next-day warranty service.

$1,981 or $729?... lemme see... hmmmmm

FWIW...

9. Update.... Just got an email from Dell. The Outlet sale is still on until February 6.

(I believe Dell sends me sale notices which they don't broadcast to general public.... probably because of the length of time I've been buying Dells and the number I've bought.)

Take advantage while you can. This is the best overall sale I've seen from Dell Outlet in more than 10 years. Dell Precision Workstations are their best quality and ideal for trading, IMV.

The link above is still valid.

FWIW....

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
    #10     Feb 1, 2017