looking for a new system....

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Euler09, Dec 17, 2017.

1. Simples

Simples

I got your joke man.

It just wasn't so funny as this! :D

#51     Dec 20, 2017
  2. #52     Dec 23, 2017
  3. I want .. :)

Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
    #53     Dec 23, 2017
  4. I take your request as serious, and I have a suggestion for you. This system takes perhaps 5 minutes every week or so, and it makes over 1000% ROI in back testing over the past year. That means that if you trade with real money, you'll probably make 200% ROI, assuming the market does something similar to what it's doing now.

So here it is: Use a QQQ daily chart. Buy a QQQ call, at least 60 days out, with a current strike price at least $1.00 in the money. For example, if QQQ closed at $157.37 yesterday (which it did), you buy March $156 call options. Buy as many calls as your risk tolerance dictates. That's a discussion for another time.

Enter an order to sell your options at approximately 20% above what you paid for them. For example, if you paid $4.26 for the calls, enter a sell order at $5.11.

When your options sell, do it again.

When the market crashes, as many are predicting, this won't work, but as long as we're in a bull market, it works fine and takes very little time.

P.S. Do you know someone named Biff?

#54     Dec 23, 2017
  5. That system won't work;
    With options you need relatively precise directional and volatility prediction abilities. in the here and now. -- Anything beyond a couple of weeks is basically just for a basic hedge/insurance.

This will just fizzle out like soda bubbles becoming flat. -- it's hard enough to simply say Sell for profit at 2, and sell at a loss for 1...rinse and repeat for market riches. But it doesn't easily workout like that in the real world.

If you don't have the ability to predict and/or manage the daily chart of whatever you trade...you should just be a buy and hold, long term investor.
    Trading is part art, part science.... this logic kind of applies to the Macro market. SPY/DOW. -- for individual stocks, it's more like completely art.

Merry New Year 2018, SA

Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
    #55     Dec 23, 2017
  6. ironchef

ironchef

Should work in the bull market of 2017. But 2017 is almost over.

#56     Dec 23, 2017