looking for a new firm to work out of

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by Crispy, Jul 15, 2013.

1. Crispy

Crispy

This is a long shot, but what the heck.

You guys know me as a futures trader. But my career path has been in brokerage. I started as low man on the totem pole and over the years worked my way into bigger and better things. The BD career path is what allowed me to stay in the futures game during the lean learning years. And the money is good so I dont plan on leaving but....its a sad day for me.
    A situation has arisen that is forcing me to leave my firm and find a new home. I have a portable book of business and im looking for any BD`s that clear Merril Lynch BroadCort that want a producing salestrader.

--------------------------------------------------------

Every businessman diversifies. For me my book of biz is my call option during the lean trading months...so dont get all judgemental.

:D

2. Maverick74

Maverick74

Sales trader? Are you saying you execute OTC for clients or do you have clients you actually advise? I'm confused about what it is your looking for. I worked with Merrill for 8 years on the BD side. Any more details would be helpful.

3. Crispy

Crispy

Yes. Sales trader. If you are not familiar with the term its basically combining execution services with a helping hand. I have some guys who just send me flow to pay for research. And some use me for everything exclusively. Some use me for anonymity and some because im better than the other guy...etc etc. There are a hundred reasons why.

Both. But regardless of who makes the decision I still execute all the flow myself.

4. Maverick74

Maverick74

No, no I know what a sales trader is. I have some friends in NY that have huge books of business, although mostly on the options side. Sales traders are kind of a dying breed now. Do you really still want to do that? I know you are doing the combine thing I guess on the side right. Any reason not to solely focus on trading? You can always go back to that at some point.

5. Crispy

Crispy

Listed is dead. No doubt. But ive found a niche market. And have actually been opening new accounts like wildfire. So yeah I still want to maintain that part of my work routine. When and if the niche goes away I am most certainly done with the biz. Its really hard.

Yes I am still with Patak. Trading that on the side. I may go fulltime trading futures someday. But not yet. Want to pay that mortage off first.

:D

6. slug

slug

C,

I was unable to continue our PM for some reason so I figured I would reply to you through the thread.

I could facilitate the business but since it would be DVP, (Execute GSEC and clear elsewhere) I'm not sure it would be any different than what you already have going. The Pershing account I had referred to was a long standing account that was set up way in advance of us doing business.

That said, i'm not sure what they could do in terms of extended settlements but if you are just looking for a change of scenery, feel free to hit me up.

D