looking for a new contract/firm

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by KeithOmalley, Aug 16, 2009.

1. Right now i am paying about $X for every 1000 shares i trade. i know this is high, but i have been at the same firm 8 years. and am very conferrable

I like my firm, but figured i'd dip my toe in the water to see what else is out there. As i see my firm offers better deals to new traders.

I trade news so speed on my keyboard as well as a good system with good quotes is very important to me. what has stopped me in the past is the learning curve to learn a new system during a good market. now thats its a bit slow i'm considering seeing what else is out there.

Last year and this year i traded about 250 million shares each year. buying power is not an issue, i can put up a bunch of money.

I was wondering what firms are good in the NY area for News Trading and what rates i should be looking for. given my volume.

Ive done some PR work, been on NPR, Bloomberg, CNBC and Trader Monthly 30 under 30.

PM me if you have ideas or thoughts

2. Are you looking to trade in an office or remotely? Who are you currently with? (If you dont mind me asking)

3. Ahhh the power of Google.