Looking for a mentor

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by sivachevy, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Hello all,

My name is Aaron and I am new to elite trader. I was recommended to this site by Mr. Mark Braun himself. I am a recent college student looking to enter the complex realms of trading. He suggested that I find a mentor that can teach me and show me the ropes so I wont end up as a failure statistic since I recollect that 90% of traders fail. I want to be disciplined and I am willing to spend a lot of time honing the tactics that can make this a very lucrative source of income during this hard hit times. The reason I am reaching out to you all, is because you have been there and done that, and I have reached a point in my life where I want to have streams of income and am searching for job opportunities in the realms of finance and trading. I would appreciate any help and comments as well.

2. Market Wizards, New Market Wizards, Trade your Way to Financial Freedom, Technical Analysis Explained, Trend Following, Tradestocksamerica

3. Hello Aaron

How much capital do you have? How much time have you spent studying charts? Do you have a general idea of how you want to trade (directional, neutral, stocks, futures, options)?

4. soonhwei

soonhwei

now u know why 90% fail...

5. LEAPup

LEAPup

That statement is too vague. Elaborate as to why the above post(s) are "why 90% fail."

6. soonhwei

soonhwei

teach me and show me the ropes

wont end up as a failure statistic since I recollect that 90% of traders fail

want to be disciplined

willing to spend a lot of time honing the tactics

a very lucrative source of income during this hard hit times

want to have streams of income

searching for job opportunities in the realms of finance and trading

7. 76132

Have you tried Chopper Trading? You could probably land an interview there with your resume.

8. LEAPup

LEAPup

I actually took a look at his resume, and since he's from Chicago, I'm sure he's one of those guys who ONLY eats those over-stuffed pizza's, so I've gotta wonder about that. The best pizza BY FAR is NY pizza, New Haven CT coal-fired brick oven pizza, and their famous Sicilian pizza! YUM! No one is gonna mentor a guy who eats those over-stuffed pizza pies!:D

Lol! Actually, I'm a wop with an open mind, and actually like the Giordano's pies when in Chicago. Couldn't help bust his balls over the NY vs Chicago pizza war.:D

Last, what's the above response have to do with his thread post? I'm not sure, but love pizza.:confused: :D

9. To: 76132, yes thanks for the suggestion. I have inquired with them.

To soonhwei, I dont understand your statement, and I am just trying to be up front and honest. I respect any other advice you can give based on your success perhaps. I am trying to take a humble approach to this and thus, do not want to reinvent the wheel.

10. To leapup:

Haha love that comment but what you do not know is I was born in Brooklyn. So where does that leave me?? i DONT KNOW. BUt i love all styles of pizza. Never tried new haven pizza though, however I have tried sicilian, new york, deep dish from pizanos is the best in chi-town, and buddy's from motown.

#10     Dec 2, 2011