Looking for a lawyer

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Misslead, Oct 26, 2005.

1. Misslead

Misslead

Thank you KJKENT for your long reply and of course all the other members. Thank you very much!!!

Many people have already asked me to say who the vendor is or to post his web site address, but I don't think this is really clever AT THIS MOMENT, guys.

Probably I will go to small claims court and there is a big chance that the vendor is on this forum too. So just to avoid (new) other problems or the fact that he will know what I am going to do, I prefer to wait to say who it is. I hope you understand this, guys...

But of course, after small claims court I will be very happy to give more details about this....

That's a better idea in my opinion. Please feel free to keep posting your thoughts and comments!!!

Thank you again,

Rob

#31     Oct 27, 2005
  2. Sanjuro

Sanjuro

Good Luck in Court!

I hope you get your money back.

Fill us in on the results afterwards if you have time.

#32     Oct 27, 2005
  3. nkhoi

nkhoi

good luck, check with samson77 for some filing claim tips

#33     Oct 27, 2005
  4. Rob,

By the time you finish in small claims which btw, I don't think you have a case because he delivered the service and unless he offered a written guarantee of results (which I doubt he did) then you are NOT going to win.

The most damage you can do to this guy is hurt his pocket book and stop him from fleecing others here in ET.

I have lots of experience with many BAD vendors and even a few decent ones, that I got my moneyback from and if you take my advise you MAY have a chance at getting HALF back, by exposing his name and GIVING AWAY his course material unless he gives you at least half.

If you do get your money back and want a good education I personally recommend NKHOI from ET from what I hear he is an HONEST man but I have not taken his course personally as I have no need for anymore courses.

Good luck but expose him or others will be had !!!

#34     Oct 27, 2005
  5. nkhoi

nkhoi

who is that guy?, folks, I have no couse to offer , he must be thinking of woodie, gio, drbob to name a few....

#35     Oct 27, 2005
  6. tango29

tango29

Samson,
    Speaking of vendors and court, whatever happened with you and TraderBrad? Long after you were going after the guy I saw his moniker on Paltalk with a new room.

#36     Oct 27, 2005
  7. This is entirely off topic, but since the original poster does not want to share any more information, I figure it's ok!

So samson, when are you going to show us how to rule the friggin options market? Of course, I am not really sure what you are trading, but I think it is options based on one of our previous conversations.

I have started to trade E-mini's, and am able to make some consistent money, although I am just playing with 5 lots, over the next few weeks I am planning on increasing the size to a maximum of 50. Of course, 9 times out of 10 when You think you have something good, it doesn't quite work out as planned. I am cautiously optimistic! :)

#37     Oct 27, 2005
  8. He has bought/taken so many courses, he gets confused.

#38     Oct 27, 2005

9. Your right about that but I also know that I am not alone and it is a normal part of most of our learning curves.

I took a little something from every course I bought and only a few where a TOTAL waste of money, not to mention I got back almost 50% of all the money I spent on courses by the vendors, one way or another!

So all was not lost as it was only a matter of time till I figured this out. :)

Even if it takes 100k and 3 years to learn HOW to trade properly and get consistent.... you have a LIFETIME skill and the 100k is a drop in the bucket once you dial this business in CORRECTLY.

To you newbies or struggling traders that are reading this, go on your own path but I would highly advise the following.

1. Do NOT buy course from web sites that are in the business of selling courses.

2. Read as BOOKS as you can on the subject, start with all the classics.

3. If you can find a GOOD mentor go for it BUT I will warn you NOT to go with anyone BUT a real trader that will PROVE they make their living off trading too you. (You want REAL proof not 10 year old statements of 1 year)

I have been around ET now for the last three years and it has taken this long following the threads and talking with several traders to figure out who is what and trust me I know now.

In my opinion there are some great posters here that it would be wise to follow.

acary, mschey, nkhoi, riskarb, gnome, nitro, grob109, threeis, maverick and there are a few more that I would put on this list sorry if I missed you.

For the most part most of the newbie posters in ET are just here to cause problems and ruin the place for everyone.

I would caution you though I had 15 years of experience in this business before I tried my hand at Intra-day trading 3 years ago and I did pay a heavy tuition to get to this level.

It's not easy folks and you that are struggling now have MANY pitfalls and lessons yet to learn just try and use as much COMMON SENSE as you can.

One final thought IGNORE the obvious fools in here they are easy to spot when you use common sense.

Mike-

I am mostly trading stocks and rarely index futs.
    I'm trading what I call intra-day swings and some overnight holds, I am only writing options for income these days as I always did.

I would start a journal to share with others but I won't for TWO reasons.

1. Baron is still allowing too many idiots in the forum and I don't need to deal with that nonsense .............

I have NOTHING to prove to anyone.

and

2. Most of my trades are too difficult to post in real time and require my FULL attention during the day.

Good trading to all ... :cool:

#39     Oct 28, 2005
  10. Quote:

Mike-

I am mostly trading stocks and rarely index futs.
    I'm trading what I call intra-day swings and some overnight holds, I am only writing options for income these days as I always did.

(In other words, I still havent learned how to index trade so I am working part time at Mickey D's)

I would start a journal to share with others but I won't for TWO reasons.

1. Baron is still allowing too many idiots in the forum and I don't need to deal with that nonsense .............

(Translate to "I can't take the heat")

I have NOTHING to prove to anyone.

(Translate to "I don't actually trade and its difficult to get consistent internet service in my trailer park")

and

2. Most of my trades are too difficult to post in real time and require my FULL attention during the day.

"I have no workable system (even though I have a "mentor") and I haven't been able to latch onto one from anybody here at ET"

Good trading to all ...

Translate to "I seriously hope someone posts a method I can use before the rent on my doublewide comes due again"

I love it when these friggin idiots try to con us. Hope you all had good laugh at this post. I know I did.

Steve

#40     Oct 28, 2005