Looking for a Interactive Brokers API programmer

Discussion in 'App Development' started by arturo100, Jan 5, 2020.

1. Hi. I am writing for advice on how to find an experienced programmer able to retrieve Times$Sales data using Interactive Brokers API. Does anyone have experience with services like codementor (https://www.codementor.io/u/dashboard) offering freelance programming service? Also, please note that data retrieval from IB is limited ((https://interactivebrokers.github.io/tws-api/historical_limitations.html) and, though I am asking only for a few data points, the programmer should be already experienced with the system restrictions.

2. zwangerz

zwangerz

What language? Is this to be integrated in an existing code base? How much are you wiling to pay? Afaik the only way to overcome the historical limitations from within a TWS client is to send keystrokes to TWS which is notoriously unreliable.

3. ZBZB

ZBZB

4. It could be written in almosty any language, but should run as a standalond from the linux shell, using the IB API. No keystrokes to TWS. Price i really don't know, but definetly I am willing to pay for the needed number of hours.

5. IAS_LLC

IAS_LLC

Unless you yourself are a programmer or know how to manage software projects...id avoid upwork. I've used them extensively, and you really have to tell them exactly what you want down to specific software requirements.... you'll get a bunch of Indian dudes who will not read your RFP, but will say "yes sir, I can do exactly what you want". Don't expect them to be software engineers or architects unless youre paying $100/hr +

Anyway....Its been a few years since I've played with IB API ( I use Rithmic now instead)....but I do have a retirement account with IB I'm about to start automating via IB python API. PM me and tell me a little bit about about your requirements if you'd like. Perhaps we can work something out.

VPhantom, d08 and zwangerz like this.
  6. zwangerz

zwangerz

For what instrument classes? e.g. just stocks or just futures? Can there be a GUI? What data points? Do you have to process the data points or just output them in a window? If you need something simple I can put it together in a short amount of time.

7. fan27

fan27

Why do you have a requirement to get data from IB with it's known limitations?

8. IAS_LLC

IAS_LLC

If it meets his needs, than why pay for something else? It's not hard to spread requests over a longer time period, if that is what you need to do.

9. Ib has not a real streaming data feed but a burst feed 4x per second, you say you need T&S i guarantee you that this is different than other quality feeds. You get your feed for the orders from another quality feed and then you route your order via IB (Fix is what I use)

I run automated systems via IB but I'm not interested in a dev job. I'm way too expensive to move my lazy ass out of bed for this.

blueraincap likes this.
  10. qlai

qlai

Have you confirmed that their data has all the relevant pieces of information?

#10     Jan 5, 2020