Looking For a Good Trading Rig For Low Cost?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Scataphagos, Dec 29, 2020.

1. 3-yr Dell warranty? That's normal for purchases through Dell Outlet.... but the prices at Outlet are waaayyy higher.

#31     Jan 1, 2021
  2. tango29

tango29

I was wondering that myself. It shows in the product description as a 3 year, but the description at the top says 90 day Amazon warranty, so a little confusing.

#32     Jan 1, 2021
  3. I looked at the ones available from Amazon with 3-year warranty. (This is a "class" which I had not previously known to exist.) However, for the ones offered which were close in how being "equipped", the prices were close to double that of the one on eBay. And of course, there is a warranty through Square Trade for up to 3 years if preferred.

Knowing what I know of Dell's Workstations, I'd choose the one on eBay... it's MUCH better equipped.... and add warranty if desired.

Note... I've bought more than a dozen Dell Precision Workstations on eBay... no worries. They always come with some sort of "30-day return" or better. So... set it up as soon as you get it and run for 30-days. (Doesn't have to be 24/7... just all day long during the trading day is a good enough test.) If nothing fails within that time, it's very likely to run the next 5-years or more, virtually trouble free.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
    #33     Jan 4, 2021
    apdxyk likes this.
  4. The seller on this deal is "sold out" again. Whether or not he comes up with more machines to sell at this price, anybody looking for a well-priced trading rig should look for something like this.

I checked reviews of this machine when it was new... and of course at maximum "new" price then... I found one where the params were nearly identical*. The eBay one having a card reader, and the reviewed new one having a 512GB SSD vs 256GB SSD... all else being identical or equivalent.

The new one in the review priced at $3,449!

And you could get one used at $310!

DUH!

*Saw one review... all jazzed up... "as equipped"... for a ridiculous >$17,000! Sheesh!

Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
    #34     Jan 4, 2021
    apdxyk likes this.
  5. tango29

tango29

Thought I would bump this back as I just checked and they seem to have more in stock.

#35     Feb 2, 2021
  6. tango29

tango29

I was too slow. I had a coupon for another 15% off refurbished and waited until I got some work done and they are out of stock again.

#36     Feb 2, 2021
  7. Well those went pretty quick. Maybe they will put out some more soon....

#37     Feb 3, 2021
  8. tango29

tango29

I took some time away from trading to look around and there are a few similar deals available from highly rated resellers. I may grab one of those others to alternate one of my older trading machines.

#38     Feb 3, 2021
    FortuneTeller likes this.
  9. Ytintod

Ytintod

Did you manage to get any on these? Wanted to compare yours with the VPS one of my trader friends has been bragging about lately, quoting his broker offered this on his platform. Wonder if it’s just a selling gimmick.

#39     Feb 12, 2021
  10. Actually your friend might just be right. I don’t know which broker he’s trading with but there are brokers who offer VPS hosting on their platforms to enhance the trading speed. I’m sure you’ll find many brokers these days offering this tool like mine for instance, Turnkey Forex and FXCM, both turned out to be good hosting servers helping me improve trading with a lot of automated trading strategies, minus the hassle of maintaining computer hardware or backup internet.

#40     Feb 12, 2021