Looking for a good mentor for option trading...

Discussion in 'Options' started by mizhael, Feb 4, 2009.

1. #31     Jul 26, 2009
  2. has options trading a higher success rate than
    intra day trading? is one more riskier than the other?

#32     Jul 27, 2009
  3. wayneL

wayneL

pengw,

Can optionslab do more than 4 legs?

#33     Jul 27, 2009
  4. pengw

pengw

The Options Lab does not support a strategy with more than 4 legs because we found a position with more than four legs hard to enter and exit. However, it supports a position that has four legs and underlying position combined.

Thanks,

#34     Jul 27, 2009
  5. wayneL

wayneL

Understood,

But I find the provision of additional legs useful for modelling adjustments.

#35     Jul 27, 2009
  6. I often have positons on top of other positions and manage entire portfolio, not just individual speads.

Thus, it may be difficult to enter a many-legged position, but it's easy to own them. Would like to manage whole portfolio and not just a single trade.

Mark

#36     Jul 27, 2009
  7. No. No. it is the trader, wielding it as a blunt instrument that matters :D

#37     Jul 27, 2009
  8. [​IMG]

#38     Jul 27, 2009
  9. pengw

pengw

The Options Lab does not support a strategy with more than 4 legs because we found a position with more than four legs hard to enter and exit. However, it supports a position that has four legs and underlying position combined.

#39     Jul 27, 2009
  10. pengw

pengw

Mark,

Sounds like what you need is more like a portflio tracking tool. I am sure many tools will help you do that. Our team have been thinking of letting Options Lab support unlimited number of legs, but that requires some sacrifices of space and easiness of use,
    which will also make charting a little messy.

Thanks

#40     Jul 27, 2009